A Bug? Can't save group for shopper under General User Information

Started by fightingwolf, December 28, 2011, 12:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fightingwolf

I can't save the Group listed under the General User Information located in the Shoppers [Edit]

VirtueMart 2.0 will not assign this group for any new Joomla registrations after VirtueMart 2.0 has been installed.  It will however, assign a group for any of the site members that exist before VirtueMart 2.0 was installed.

Under Shoppers
    there are 4 columns. 
    1. Username   2. Displayed Name    3. Group      4. Shopper Group

The Group column contains the Joomla group assignments like "Super Administrator" or "Registered".  When VirtueMart 2.0 is installed, saves the Joomla assigned group of the current members under the Group Column, But it doesn't save the group after VirtueMart 2.0 has been in stalled. So everyone that signs up through the Joomla Login will receive a blank for the Group. 

For example, this is how current members are displayed under the group column when VirtueMart 2.0 is installed:  "
admin / (Super Administrator)"    
This is how new members are displayed under the group column after VirtueMart 2.0. is installed:   "shopper / ()"

It should look like this for new members:  "shoppers / (registered)"

I tried to set the group for the new member using the General Information tab for the shopper.  It gives me an option to select registered, but it won't save.  How serious is this issue? Can I still run a successful VirtueMart 2.0 store or will this issue cause problems?  I'm looking to open up shop in February but I will delay if this is a critical issue in VirtueMart 2.0

[/list]

Milbo

This is not critical.

We have the internal rule, that we do not set standard values. We get them always on the fly, so that you can change the standard setting. Another method is always to store the standard value, when it is not entered, but this makes big trouble, when you change your standard.

So when there is no standard set, they get the standard you set (default).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

fightingwolf

That's good and I'm happy to hear it's nothing critical. I wasn't sure if it was something that would prevent other things in VirtueMart2 from working and wanted to make sure.  I've attached an image of the area where I tried to select the group (couldn't send it earlier).  It gives me the option to choose "Registered" it just doesn't save the selection or doesn't display on the shoppers list that it's been saved.  I guess you guys can play around with it.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Maybe because it is the default group. Please create another group as test and try to assign it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member