News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error: Call to undefined method VmConfig::updateDbEntry() while updating to VM4.

Started by cdbaron88, March 14, 2024, 14:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdbaron88

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from J3.10.12 and VM3.8.8 10472 to VM4.2.6 10972 using both PHP 7.4.3 and PHP 8.

And I'm having some issues that are driving me a bit crazy  :'(

I'm updating using the file com_virtuemart.4.2.6.10972_package_or_extract, and the result is:

Error: Call to undefined method VmConfig::updateDbEntry()

If I then repeat the update, everything seems to go well... but I don't trust it.

I don't like updating in production with error messages without knowing exactly what's happening on the first and second attempt. Something may not be properly updated.

What's really curious is that I have multiple copies from different days of the entire website with the only difference being that I've been updating some modules like AwoRewards, Custom Fields For All, VP One Page Checkout, and with the copy before these updates, I don't have any problems.

I've been searching the forum and I found some similar issues:
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=144995.0
But I can't find enough information to understand exactly what's going on.

Digging a bit deeper (I'm a total newbie with PHP), I see the following:
- The error occurs in the file: administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/config.php Line 764 (this file is already updated to VM4)
- VmConfig::updateDbEntry() doesn't exist in VM3 but it does in VM4. In fact, when the error occurs, VMConfig is already updated and updateDbEntry exists, but the error still occurs.

What could be happening?
How is it possible that the installation of a module breaks the VM update?

Hopefully, someone can help me out.

Carlos.

cdbaron88

Can no one help me?  :'(

I have VirtueMart Membership – Bronze. Should I open a support ticket?

Carlos.