News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

The word "array" in category view [SOLVED]

Started by whoami, December 27, 2011, 16:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

Strange thing. I've installed VM20 on two J17 websites with different templates. (Default VM views) When I want to open a category view, the first site opens the page correctly with all the products but with the word "array" beneath the category title and the second one only shows in a white page (no template) the category title and the word "array".

What is the problem? I've disabled and enabled the jQuery VM. Nothing happens.

Thanks in advance.

PRO

that happens when the variable is wrong. are you using template overrides?

jjk

I currently have the same small "Array" problem. I'm not shure yet, but I suppose it is related to a problem with the "manufacturercategories_language" tables. Mine are currently empty and adding a new manufacturer category doesn't save the new data into the table(s). Also my sort-by manufacturer drop-down is gone (it used to be where I now see the word "Array").

...still searching for a solution...:-)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

whoami

@BanquetTables.pro
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 27, 2011, 16:09:17 PM
that happens when the variable is wrong. are you using template overrides?
On one site I'm using overrides based on the originals. Here is everything ok (except the "array" word)
The other site I'm using no overrides and the template is based on the JV Framework. This one is a mess.

After all I'm using overrides on both sites. Delete the override on one site and everything works as expected. Thanks

@jjk
Hope you find the solution.

JJBW

Hi all.

I have this problem but when I remove a template override for category view everything works, however, now in the category view I have either a house or arrows icon with the word availability and I can't change it.  Has the stock system been replaced or massively modified?

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Many thanks.

jjk

I did find the problem on my site, but forgot to post the solution here. In my case - if I remember correctly - I had forgotten to update my customized (override) version of:
...\components\com_virtuemart\views\category\tmpl\default.php to match recent code changes.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

PRO

Quote from: JJBW on January 04, 2012, 20:02:27 PM
Hi all.

I have this problem but when I remove a template override for category view everything works, however, now in the category view I have either a house or arrows icon with the word availability and I can't change it.  Has the stock system been replaced or massively modified?

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Many thanks.

you FIX the override, dont remove it.

Its a simple fix

JJBW

Hi

Thank you both for your quick replies.  I realised (eventually) that I needed to modify my template override which I've now done and all is working great.

On a totally different note does anyone know why language strings appear in custom fields plugins rather than their text value?  For example:

COM_VIRTUEMART_COMMENT
VMCUSTOM_PRICE_BY_LETTER
VMCUSTOM_STOCKABLE_SIZE
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_WIDTH
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_LENGTH
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_HEIGHT
VMCUSTOM_SPECIFICATION_DEFAULT_INFO

Thank you all for your help your support is truly second to none!  Brilliant!!

PRO

Quote from: JJBW on January 04, 2012, 21:10:24 PM
Hi

Thank you both for your quick replies.  I realised (eventually) that I needed to modify my template override which I've now done and all is working great.

On a totally different note does anyone know why language strings appear in custom fields plugins rather than their text value?  For example:

COM_VIRTUEMART_COMMENT
VMCUSTOM_PRICE_BY_LETTER
VMCUSTOM_STOCKABLE_SIZE
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_WIDTH
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_LENGTH
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_HEIGHT
VMCUSTOM_SPECIFICATION_DEFAULT_INFO

Thank you all for your help your support is truly second to none!  Brilliant!!

download the missing file
https://dev.virtuemart.net/svn/virtuemart/trunk/virtuemart/administrator/language/en-GB/

MAKE sure you put it in administrator/language

JJBW

Excellent, thank you.

Just one other thing, really sorry about this!  Since upgrading to latest version tonight I've also discovered that the payment and shipping information has gone.  Information still exists in the database for example in _virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries and _virtuemart_paymentmethods but nothing in backend menu.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks once again!

erecske

Quote from: JJBW on January 04, 2012, 21:10:24 PM
I realised (eventually) that I needed to modify my template override which I've now done and all is working great.

How did you do it exactly?

barrya

"I realised (eventually) that I needed to modify my template override which I've now done and all is working great."

yes I would also like to know please?

isamar

sorry but do not understand what you do for template override.

I have also the word ARRAY displayed but next to product name at the checkout page