Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Eway Payment / Australia Post shipping method

Started by Suzistore, December 27, 2011, 12:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzistore

Hi Every one
VM 2.0 is looking really great
Can any one tell me if they are working on a Eway payment pug in for VM 2.0 or is it going to be done?
Also the Australia post shipping method, is this one going to be done?

Thanks
Brian

yourreno

I would like the Eway setting as well or at least a way we can capture credit card details securely, as just upgraded to VM 2 and now cannot run my online shop. (Cannot use Paypal, as already paid for Eway/CBA and too expensive) May have to switch back to old system.

Please let us know urgently!

morktron

Yes it is a great shame that the great new VM 2.0 doesn't include what was in VM 1.0. Some shopping cart users would consider shipping and payment options to be quite an important feature of an eCommerce site! I certainly didn't expect them to be removed in this new version!

No doubt eWay are busy coding something up, as for Australia Post I hope some kind coder out there is willing to help ensure VM is still the cart of choice for Australians! I'm know there are only 22 million of us but we do love Joomla / VM still ;)

beipink

Quote from: morktron on January 16, 2012, 03:38:32 AM
Yes it is a great shame that the great new VM 2.0 doesn't include what was in VM 1.0. Some shopping cart users would consider shipping and payment options to be quite an important feature of an eCommerce site! I certainly didn't expect them to be removed in this new version!
Give developers a chance. VM is a totally new product and as you can imagine it takes time to get all features and bugs sorted out.
On another note, With the OZ $  so strong $100.00 can go a long way ;)

morktron

Yes sorry beipink, I don't mean to be harsh on the developers, I appreciate the thousands of hours they worked for nothing on this!

I know a developer who is keen to work on the Aus Post code. I'll see if he'll set up a project, I'll add the link here and will direct any client VM funding to him.

;)