News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

upgrade from 1.9.8 M to 2.0 now shop empty

Started by ronin75, December 27, 2011, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronin75

hi thank you for your help so far. i looked at the table structure and there are no products in the virtuemart_product_en_gb table. so i exported the data in the virtuemart_product table and tried an import in the virtuemart_product_en_gb table, however i get the following error: #1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'. this is because a record with the same id already exists.
does the data in the virtuemart_product_en_gb table not have to be exactly the same? if so how are the primary keys set in this table?

PRO

the main products table holds most the into

the en_gb  tabel only has like 5 fields

ronin75

ok so i copied the products table and created a new products_en_gb table. (the old one renamed just in case). my products are now showing in the backend but no product name, price,  etc.. basically only the sku and image. i tried  a  migration but no luck too...

PRO

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 27, 2011, 18:49:01 PM
also, if you are not going to use more than one language you dont have to check english in vmart admin.

^^^^^^  you are enabling multilangiage when you  choose english in virtuemart/configuration. DISABLE multilangiuage

The default joomla language will take care of that for you

dpodesta

I had this same problem. All of my products categories and some other fields have been deleted. When I used the automated updated I received an error message but didn't copy it down.

Hopefully I can revert to a backed up version. I updated another one of my sites and had no issues with that one.

I have no multi langiage updated.

Milbo

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 27, 2011, 21:32:26 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 27, 2011, 18:49:01 PM
also, if you are not going to use more than one language you dont have to check english in vmart admin.

^^^^^^  you are enabling multilangiage when you  choose english in virtuemart/configuration. DISABLE multilangiuage

The default joomla language will take care of that for you

Oh that is a missunderstanding. It is other way round. VirtueMart 2 is always multilanguage.  To migrate the data you must choose the right language in joomla, because there is no vm language tag.
After migration, the new tables get created, when you store them in the config.

So you should choose your main language and store the config. The right tables should be generated then. Maybe we wrote a fallback method, when no language is chosen (sorry I dont remember is atm also not really important).

When you your data is missing after migration, you need the backup. Because all lang related stuff is deleted after the porting the data.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: ronin75 on December 27, 2011, 21:00:58 PM
ok so i copied the products table and created a new products_en_gb table. (the old one renamed just in case). my products are now showing in the backend but no product name, price,  etc.. basically only the sku and image. i tried  a  migration but no luck too...

^^ ?

I think there is a missunderstanding. The language tables hold all data like product names, description, etc, ... So you cant get doubled names. When you get doubled entries it means there was a kind of data port.

In general the id is the same,... both tables use the same id for their primary key. btw you should update to RC2 M first! Hmm that stands in the topic. Maybe your script time is too short... not enough ram.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ronin75

Hi Milbo
thank you for clarifying that. however, at present i have no real backup for this specific site to fall back onto (personal system crashed, busy restoring) i will get a backup from my host. regardless, all my data is in the products table. is there no other way to get it into the products_en_gb table?

Milbo

When alll your data is in the products table, the whole upgrade process was not executed.

PRO

Quote from: ronin75 on December 28, 2011, 05:52:27 AM
Hi Milbo
thank you for clarifying that. however, at present i have no real backup for this specific site to fall back onto (personal system crashed, busy restoring) i will get a backup from my host. regardless, all my data is in the products table. is there no other way to get it into the products_en_gb table?

ronin, please install akeeba backup for future use.

atedder

I'm using JM 1.7.0 and VM 1.9.8G

I'm having the same problem. I've fixed some of it, but not all. Here's where I am:

I could not get the VM2 upgrade to install by clicking on the upgrade button from inside the component. I kept receiving errors and freeze-ups. So I first exported up my VM sql tables and ran an Akeeba backup. I had to use phpmyadmin/mysql and drop all VM tables then click on the upgrade button in the component, to get VM to update from 1.9.8G to 2.0.

Once the component had updated, I chose English (UK) from the Configuration page (I did not have a language selected prior to the upgrade, as I could not find the option in 1.9.8G). Next I imported the sql file that I had previously exported, to replace all of my data. The tables were all recreated correctly, but the products still did not show up in the front-end or back-end. I checked and the 'virtuemart_products' table was complete but the 'virtuemart_products_en_gb' table was empty and only showed about 7 fields (as ronin75 described)

I then dropped the 'virtuemart_products_en_gb' table and went into VM Tools & Migration and clicked on 'Install tables or if necessary update them'. This created the 'virtuemart_products_en_gb' table with the correct number of fields in place, but there were no entries. I then ran a migration and still there were no entries. I then exported the 'virtuemart_products' table as an .sql file then imported it as the 'virtuemart_products_en_gb' table, after modifing it so it would write to the correct table.  That finally allowed all the products to show up in the back-end, but I still have nothing showing up in the front-end. I can click on the shop and see the categories and category images, but there are no products showing up under any of the categories. How can I get the site to populate correctly?  I can not send you a link to the site, because I'm running the tests on my local machine, until I get the whole thing to work properly, then I'll just upload a working Akeeba file to the live site.

Thanks for your help!

Milbo

This cant work.

Why you do not use the instructions? Here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94183.0

You should NOT export the tables and then re import them.

Just go in the joomla installation, and install vm2 over the old one, do NOT uninstall vm2, do NOT delete tables and so on.

ronin75

hi Milbo
just tried that... nothing! it doesnt work.

PRO

ronin, was this a migration?

you could do what this guy did

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95557.0;topicseen

AFTER you backup with akeeba