News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipping Method has not been configurated

Started by RFreund, December 27, 2011, 03:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFreund

I believe there is an error with with my shipping method configuration.
First in the backend it displays under shop as "COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER_S" not "Shipping Method".
Second it will not let me save a shopper group. It does not display an error however I select a shopper group and save. However when I re-access the shipping method the shopper group is blank. I believe as a result when trying to select a shipping method on the frontend it reports that no shipment method has been configurated.
Any thoughts on why this is happening?

J1.7.1 with VM2.0

alatak

Hi

QuoteFirst in the backend it displays under shop as "COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER_S" not "Shipping Method".
That was the way it was called in previous versions (before RC3).
In RC3, we have improved the plugins, and rename all the "shipping carrier" or "shipping" to a "shipment'.

If you left menu still have this string, it means that you database has not been updated.
Do a backup first , then go in the tools, and do "update database".

Then check if your shopper group problem is still there.

RFreund

Thanks.
I had thought this may be the problem as I had some other database updating issues with the products not being put into the new _en_gb tables.
I will take a look.

RFreund

Just to make sure you are referring to the Tools and Migration -  "Install tables or if necessary update them" Correct?

Thanks!

RFreund

Just to update I did use the above and also then installed the VM2.0_AIO and it worked fine.
Thanks!

icdesign

i have this same problem, but updating the database has made no difference?

any help is appreciated

RFreund

I'm not sure exactly where you are at in the processes.

I had to copy info from by product tables before I upgraded and put it into the new _en_gb tables. However if all your products are there then this is not the issue.

I had to use the "Install tables or if necessary update them" Then I had to install the VM2.0_AIO then uninstall it.

icdesign

Quote from: RFreund on January 04, 2012, 04:01:37 AM
I'm not sure exactly where you are at in the processes.

I had to copy info from by product tables before I upgraded and put it into the new _en_gb tables. However if all your products are there then this is not the issue.

I had to use the "Install tables or if necessary update them" Then I had to install the VM2.0_AIO then uninstall it.

all my products are there, its just the shipping module that i cant get working, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the aio and used the add or update tables but still no joy

RFreund

Just so we're clear -  You should uninstall the AIO after installing it. Not that this will or will not help.

What is not working? Is the name incorrectly displayed or do you have different errors?

icdesign

Hello

Yes that is what i have done, the problem i have is on the screen shot below, in the admin area the shipping menu shows up as "COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER_S" and as you can see the shipping rates are in there but when you try at the front end, it says there is no shipping configured?

I have tried the method above but its still the same?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

RFreund

hmmmm... That does look like the same problem so I'm not sure why it is not working. I wish I knew enough to know what changed when I updated the databases so I could provide further help, however I am a beginner at best.

Maybe alatak can provide some insight?

alatak

Hi,

If you know how to change the database, go in the #__virtuemart_adminmenuentries table and replace the line id=16
with
COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPMENTMETHOD_S

or even better use that sql   (replace XXX with the tables prefix)

UPDATE  `XXX_virtuemart_adminmenuentries` SET `name` = 'COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPMENTMETHOD_S' WHERE `XXX_virtuemart_adminmenuentries`.`name` ='COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER_S';

icdesign

Hello

thanks for that, it has updated the menu on the left, but the menus along the top are still the same, and it still comes up with no shipping method configured.

sorry really appreciate the help

regards

icdesign

Hope someone can help me with this really struggling bit beyond me?

I have notice when i do the "Install tables or if necessary update them" there is an error as per the attached images, not sure if this help?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum