News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Upgrade from VM1.9.8H

Started by RFreund, December 26, 2011, 17:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFreund

I upgraded from VM_1.9.8H and all the products and product categories are now 'missing'. They are still in the database however VM is not 'finding' them. There are no products or product categories in the backend or frontend. However If I add a new product I can select from the previous product categories and it will display the product  under that category.  These are the steps I followed to upgrade:

1.) Install com_virtuemart2.0.0_RC3_Pre_K.zip
2.) Install com_virtuemart_ext_aio.2.0.0RC3_Pre_K.zip
3.) Uninstall AIO
4.) Install com_virtuemart.2.0.0.zip
5.) Install com_virtuemart_ext_aio.2.0.0.zip
6.) Uninstall AIO
7.) Update Joomla template files

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to correct this?
Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

PRO

RFreund

As far as mulit language -  I'm not exactly sure. I did not change any settings for multilingual or other previous or did not mean to. How would I know?

Also just so I'm clear my original products are in the VM products table in the database along with the new product that I added after the upgrades.

Thanks again.

PRO

since multi language has been added

there is products_language    table for each language.

Have you choosen your default language?

tspek

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 26, 2011, 18:12:56 PM
since multi language has been added

there is products_language    table for each language.

Have you choosen your default language?

Was this functionality added in a recent release or has it been implemented in VM2 for a while?

PRO

yes it was recent, maybe in K version

RFreund

I checked the configuration for Virtuemart and the language was blank. I clicked and selected English (the only available option). In joomla the language is set to English (Also set to English for all options in the language manager). Is this what you are referring to?

tspek

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 26, 2011, 21:23:00 PM
yes it was recent, maybe in K version

Ok thanks. 

I don't think that's what's going on.  It's odd, if he adds a product, it works fine and is in the products table along with all of the products from the previous install but only thew new ones show up.  I'm thinking the DB structure has changed a bit in this most recent update.

PRO

"install or update tables"

yes the database changed.
You now have _virtuemart_products
and virtuemart_products_en_gb   (en gb for english)

ALL products are atleast in 2 product tables. the english one(or your default language), and teh main one

tspek

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 26, 2011, 22:00:29 PM
"install or update tables"

yes the database changed.
You now have _virtuemart_products
and virtuemart_products_en_gb   (en gb for english)

ALL products are atleast in 2 product tables. the english one(or your default language), and teh main one

I just had the "ah-ha" moment. Makes sense...that's a pretty killer feature if you have the tenacity to maintain different languages.

RFreund

So basically all the products, categories, etc did not get put into the new _en_gb tables.
Two questions:

1.) Solution - I need to put all the categories and products in the new tables, correct? Is there an easy way to do this as the tables appear to be slightly different?
2.) Why did this occur? What did I do wrong?

Thanks.

Studio 42

Hi,
Try this step :
Remove the file
\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.cfg

in admin, Go to config :
/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config
first TAB : Shop
Enable : database Update tools
Save or apply

Go to Tools & Migration :
administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=updatesmigration

click on button

Install tables
or if necessary
update them

Test !

Milbo

I strongly recommend also to upgrade first to the M version and then to the final.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

RFreund

Just to wrap this up.

I updated the new tables "_en_gb" with the tables that I had saved from before upgrading.
Then I had to use the "Install tables or if necessary update them"
Then I had to install the VM2.0_AIO then uninstall it.

And so far I believe so good. 

Thanks!

peteward15

Hi

Sorry to go back to this thread.

I too upgraded from 1.9.8 to 2.0 RC3 - all went well apart from my products (apart from just one!) didn't move to my products_gb table in the database.  They are in the products table still.

During the upgrade process I got this error message

vmError: portLanguageFieldsTableProducts: :store failed
Unknown column 'product_params' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `jos_virtuemart_products` SET `virtuemart_vendor_id`='1',`product_parent_id`='0',`product_sku`='W90',`product_weight`='0.0000',`product_weight_uom`='KG',`product_length`='0.0000',`product_width`='0.0000',`product_height`='0.0000',`product_lwh_uom`='M',`product_url`='',`product_in_stock`='32',`product_ordered`='0',`low_stock_notification`='0',`product_available_date`='2011-12-30 00:00:00',`product_availability`='',`product_special`='0',`product_sales`='0',`product_unit`='',`product_packaging`='0',`product_params`='min_order_level=0|max_order_level=0|',`intnotes`='Heavy Duty Galvanised Scourers (90g)\r Code: W90\r Packaging: 15x10 case',`metarobot`='',`metaauthor`='',`layout`='default',`published`='1',`created_on`='2011-12-30 10:59:26',`created_by`='42',`modified_on`='2012-01-30 09:30:06',`modified_by`='42' WHERE `virtuemart_product_id`='1'

My question is.  How can I get my products into the products_gb table?  Just to recap, my store is not multilingual - it is for GB only.