News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Change the word "product" to Pet.

Started by Chrisg7, December 22, 2011, 04:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisg7

I am a newbee to Virtuemart and a few years into Joomla. I serached this forum and the web for my answer but could not find it.
I am using  version 1.7 Joomla and 2.0.0 Virtuemart. The site in question is htttp://nationalanimalcrossroads.com.
All I need to do is change the word "Product(s)" to Pets in the Button "Product details" and also when the page displays "Featured Products"  and "Latest Products"

This is obviously for a group of pet rescue shelters who offer pets not products.

I did read something about a language file but the path that was described must reference an older version of VirtueMart.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Chris

jenkinhill

Now stored with Joomla language files     joomlaroot/language/en-GB

VM2 uses language overrides. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Chrisg7

Thanks!  I got it to work by editing and replacing the original file but, not the override folder/file. No bother. I understand the upgrade issue. I'll fix it now and figure out the override later.

Thanks again!
Chris

Chrisg7

Hi Again,

I got everything to change except the following two pull down menus. "Sort by" and "Manufacturer". 

The sort by list still reads using the DB field names. I suspect you will say I have to change the field names to fix that but, I figured I would check since that solution is beyond me.

The Manufacturer pull down has the word Manufacturer above the menu and the default selection uses the word also.

These do not seem to be located in the language file. Where can I find these to change?

I am using  version 1.7 Joomla and 2.0.0 Virtuemart. The site/page in question is http://nationalanimalcrossroads.com/placed

Thanks Again
Chris