News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipment Method Configuration

Started by antwaing, December 24, 2011, 22:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antwaing

I have tried to setup shipping - When i fill in all the "configuration" I save the page and it returns blank again with all the settings lost.   I've tried reinstalling(with most recent version) and even deleting all the shipment tables and then reinstalling.

Any ideas?

ingnino

I have the same problem, please help

Joomla 1.5
Virtuemart 2.0

maxi1973

Same problem but with Payment method. If i add a new payment method (example cash on delivery) i can do it, but if i try to change attributes automatically they come back blanks after saving (example istructions for clients or thanks)

Milbo

Do you have this problems with 2.0.0 or 2.0.1? Is this an updated version?

Imho this problem only appears when people did not use the correct update sequence and is caused by wrong table layout. Please look here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96941.0
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

maxi1973

J 1.7.3 VM 2.0.1b in my case updated (2.0.0 ->2.0.1a ->2.0.1b)

antwaing

I was early installing 2.0 and all the kinks were not worked out.   Once I reinstalled Virtuemart from scratch everything just worked.

Milbo

I looked on maxi1973s install and he had the plugins two times installed. I dont know how it happened. I tested the latest aio, it does not install the plugins again.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ingnino

I just installed virtuemart 2.0.0 I did't have an older version and when I update it says that I already have the last version, so I try to set again shipment method and everything it's the same, it means that the values that I introduce automatically are deleted when I save the changes, which unfortunately is showed in my cart as a shipment option without cost I mean $0.00.

I have Joomla 1.5 and Virtuemart 2.0.0, I dont have any idea of programming, I only have the component extplorer and I was wondering if it's possible to modify a file to correct this issue.

I'll really appreciate your help.

maxi1973

Thanks Max for your intresting n matter. The problem still persist since i've disabled duplicated plugins... infact if i add a logo or a description for standard payment it automatically disapper and is not stored in Db.. i will try with a fresh installation and try again.

Milbo

of course you should first delete the old entries. Because they may refere to a plugin which does not exist or which is not published. Hmm I should create a warning for this.

freeme

J2.5.1
VM2.0.1e

Hi,
I had the same problem - I couldnt save the country settings for the shipping methods. So I checked the forum and came along this thread.

I checked the plugins and recognized that many are double.

So I deleted my existing payment methods and tried to delete all VM plugins as well in order to install them new with the AIO.

The problem is - I cant deinstall following plugins:
Vm Custom Field Stockable
VMCustom - specification
VMCustom - textinput
Vm Payment plugin Paypal
Vm Payment plugin Standard
Vm Shipment plugin Weight/Nb of Products/Countries

I am getting 6 times following error message: Plugin Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found.

How can I get rid of this problem?
Many thx.

maxi1973

I've solved manually deleting entries in the database.
In case of duplicate plugins disable one of two and try if work, if yes note the id ot other and delete it from DB, otherwise delete the first.

freeme

Do you know, how/where to find them in the DB? Looking at it with PHPmyadmin, but not really clear, where to find it. In another thread somewhere else about deleting plugins, the table jos_plugins was mentioned, but this thread was related to J1.5, and in J2.5.1 I cannot find such table....

maxi1973

Look at the id of the shipping method id is not working. For ex. 10069 . Then go in your phpmyadmin user panel and find for 10069. Simply drop that field (generally click the red x to delete). and it's done

freeme

Quote from: maxi1973 on February 07, 2012, 21:31:04 PM
Look at the id of the shipping method id is not working. For ex. 10069 . Then go in your phpmyadmin user panel and find for 10069. Simply drop that field (generally click the red x to delete). and it's done

Great thx - that worked! On parallel, I found it by manually looking through the tables: In Joomla 2.5, plugins can be found in "ul01s_extensions"

Now I only have to reinstall the plugins, configure it and hopefully everything works! :)