Joomla 1.5.25 VM 2.0.0 Joomfish 2.1.7 - products not translated

Started by majunio, December 24, 2011, 11:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

majunio

Hello!

This is my first post so if I've used wrong Category forgive me and move it to proper one.

I'm tryinf to solve this issue some time already without any progress. I have Joomla 1.5.25 + VM 2.0.0 + Joomfish 2.1.7

I have downloaded Virtuemart XML files for Joomfish and installed them. There is a first problem. Description are in ...virtuemart_products_pl_pl and not in ...virtuemart_products anymore. I have changed files and all looks fine.

My core issue is that after installation Joomfish Virtuemart is not displaying products in proper way. I have link from Main menu to "VirtueMart - Categories Layout". Categories names are translated in proper way, but the biggest issue is with products. Once Joomfish is installed all information about product is missing. I can see proper quantity of products in category. I have checked variable $this->products and I can see an array but is filled in with NULL values.

Any idea how to get it working?

Regards,
Majunio

estevan83

Hi,

I have the same problem!
It occurs because we are using vm 2.0 version instead 1.9.x
Nowadays there is no available translation for joomfish, I'm trying to develop  this integration (please see this link http://www.joomfish.net/documentation/tutorials)
If you want to collaborate me you are the welcome.

Feel free to contact me... ;-)

bye estevan
Joomla! and virtuemart programmer! - Extensions developer - www.estefancivera.net

alatak

Hi,

The xml files for joomfish were done before the RC3, and do not feet the final.
But you can use them and adapt them may be?

They  are on the developer portal.

estevan83

Hi,

thank so much for this information!!
I download then now :)
Joomla! and virtuemart programmer! - Extensions developer - www.estefancivera.net

majunio

@alatak

you are right files doesn't match, but in my opinion it shouldn't be available in download directory at this same place as RC3. Anyhow after I dropped a files in directory JoomFish didn't work at all. once I have changed XML files all looks fine, JoomFish can work.

The problem is that categories are translated well so XML files are created in proper way. the issue is that description for all products, images and all data which are coming in $products array are null.

drizzt99

Hi,
Where can I get these XML files?
Can you please send them to me?

t.vdmeulen

I'm running into the same issue here...

Virtuemart 2.0 has its own translation methods so it doesn't need JoomFish. Isn't there a way to disable the Joomfish for this specific component? Or is there another solution?