News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Trouble finding where to update Vendor Information

Started by jross, December 21, 2011, 04:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jross

Hi, I've just installed VM2 on a J1.7.3 site. I've used VM a lot on many J1.5 sites so have a pretty good idea how to find my way around.

On this new installation, I can't find anywhere to update the Vendor Info. I've gone into the Shop/Shop tab and also my Shopper/profile and in both cases, I end up on the same page which is Shopper [ Edit ] Jonathan Ross.

I am setup as a Joomla SuperAdmin and I've tried both options as a Virtuemart Storeadmin and Admin. No matter what I do, I can't access the Vendor Info. Am I missing something? What is the correct VM admin setting to enable me access to the vendor info? Am I just looking in the wrong spot? I also need to update the Terms and Conditions and assume they'll be in the same area.

Any help would be appreciated.

JR

Welcome to Wash......
We have the best tools for do-it-yourselfers. Check us out!
We were established in 1969 in a time when getting good tools was expensive, but the quality was good. Now that only a select few of those authentic tools survive, we have dedicated this store to bringing the experience alive for collectors and master mechanics everywhere.
You can easily find products selecting the category you would like to browse above.

jenkinhill

In VM BE go to Shop / Shop and look on the Vendor tab, towards the bottom is "Desciption"
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jross

Hi Thanks for that but unfortunately that wasn't the issue. When I went into Shop/Shop, there was no Vendor tab which was essentially the problem. I've since gone into phpMyAdmin and adjusted the relevant table so that VM now recognises me as the store administrator. I can now see the Vendor tab and have been able to update the vendor info.

Thanks anyway.

JR

NicholasJohn16

I'm having the same problem.

What tables/fields did you modify to get it to work?

Thanks.