News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Plugin Customer Text Input Issue

Started by fritschle, June 17, 2012, 05:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritschle

I've been looking all over for an answer to this issue and can't find it.

I have a customer text input box for engraving on a product.  I want it to be a flat rate and not a per letter rate.  If I turn the per letter on then it doesn't add any money for the engraving until I type in the box, but when I turn the per letter off it adds the engraving cost to the price of the product regardless if I enter text.  Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly?  Using Joomla 2.5.4 and Virtuemart 2.0.6

Thanks.

John2400

Just a quick one.

Clone the product and change the SKU and the name -

* Th original says _ engraving  the other - says buy product on ist own. ( no engraving) none

* also make each  a related product of the first - so that one shows underneath each other.

Customers will pick the correct one with some careful explanation about your two products.

* of cause take the clones - text box away.

Might not be your answer - I'll have a look at  options elsewhere.

fritschle

That would essentially mean I have to duplicate every product.  This seems a little ridiculous.  Is this a flaw in the Customer Text Input or is that just the way it works? 

I thought instead of going to all that trouble I could just make a yes/no box for the engraving to add the $ and then just put a text box below that doesn't cost.  But thats one extra click the user would have to make.  Seems to me like customized products are more of a pain to set up in Virtuemart 2.  Why are we going backwards on usability?