News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO INSTALL - VM2 into J1.7.3

Started by Sam soni, December 22, 2011, 18:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam soni

Good day,

I have not been able to install VM2 on a new J1.7.3 website..
Is there a reliable tutorial to go through.  I need the most straightforward instruction.

I have no problems with other shops, its just the VM that gives me headache

Your help will be appreciated/

jenkinhill

Download the VM2 package, com_virtuemart.2.0.x_extract_first. Unpack the zip and then install com_virtuemart.2.0.x.zip using the Joomla Extension Manager. Install the sampla data, too, when prompted. 
Then install the modules and plugins package, com_virtuemart_ext_aio.2.0.x.zip - this All In One package installs the VM Joomla modules/plugins and the supplied shipping and payment plugins. After installation you can remove the AIO component from the components list as it has already done its job.

That's it. Note that you must be using a good reliable host.

Also see this workthrough, written for an earlier development version of VM2, but still mainly vaild: http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/virtuemart/

In subsequent VM versions the release number (eg 2.0.2) may change but the installation procedure is the same.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Sam soni

Hi Jenkinhill,

IT WORKED.

I am most grateful for your help.

Thanks

PeterMK85

There is a problem with the languages

Details:
Install Joomla 1.7
Install Virtuemart 2.0 & AIO

Only the main language tables are created if you choose other language you've got an error that say: no tables found. In phpmyadmin i can see only one language table created _en_gb ot smth.

Be careful -> you have to make the language depend table manually. I've tried several times with the same error messages. (For ex in Shop setting or even a category is impossible to make after a language change in Admin)

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

WDalziel

I received the following message after attempting the install through the extension manager :

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

I just finished a fresh download of VM 2 so there should not have been any missing files, I would think. 

WDalziel

Fixed.  I did not extract the zip files first before attempting to upload them into Joomla through the extensions manager. 

davidsg3

Hi. I know maybe its late to write this, but i have experimented this issue and I can recovered.

No method available because the plugin was unpublished. Maybe you can go to the plugins list, select VM shipping, and publish it.

I did and it works!

Thanks!