News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Joomla Plugins not showing in category description

Started by ashp, December 22, 2011, 12:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashp

Hi Guys,

Firstly - nice work with VM2. I have been using virtuemart for just over 2 years now and I am very grateful with all the work that you have done!

I am trying VM2 out and trying to put an accordion plugin into the category description.

So far i have tried 3 different joomla plugins and none of them display in my virtuemart category description. The plugins are:

- Jkefel
- mooaccordion
- Core design Accordion Plugin

They all display correctly in a normal article.

I have ticked the 'enable Joomla plugins' box in the VM config.

I use Jkefel plugin in category descriptions on a VM1.1.8 site and it works fine there although I guess if the VM code is completely different this does not mean much!

Finally I have also changed the database field type for the description to MEDIUMTEXT to allow more than 8000 characters. My categories descriptions are quite big so thats why I am trying to use an accordion plugin to organise the content. I assume this should not effect the problem?

Thanks in advance

Studio 42

HI,
The joomla plugin are only implemented in product desc, i discute next with the other tema members if it's a will to add it for category.

it's very simple to add a basic plugin implementation

in

components\com_virtuemart\views\category\view.html.php
line 150 for eg.
add

// add content plugin //
$dispatcher =& JDispatcher::getInstance();
JPluginHelper::importPlugin('content');
$category->text = $category->category_description;
$params = "";

$results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent',
array (& $category, & $params, 0));
$category->category_description = $category->text;

ashp

Hi,

I will try this and let you know how I get on.

Will this feature be included in future versions or will I have to keep reapplying this code when I update?

thanks

walkyrie

Thanks for this help. As it doesn't seem to be implemented in VM 2.0.4, i haded this code to components\com_virtuemart\views\category\view.html.php on line 164, and it works fine with "Very simple image gallery plugin", for exemple.

// add content plugin //
         $dispatcher   =& JDispatcher::getInstance();
         jimport( 'joomla.html.parameter' );
        $params = new JParameter();

if(JVM_VERSION === 2 ) {
         $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentPrepare', array('com_virtuemart.category', &$category, &$params, 0));
         // More events for 3rd party content plugins
         // This do not disturb actual plugins, because we don't modify $product->text
         $res = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentAfterTitle', array('com_virtuemart.category', &$category, &$params, 0));
         $category->event->afterDisplayTitle = trim(implode("\n", $res));

$res = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentBeforeDisplay', array('com_virtuemart.category', &$category, &$params, 0));
         $category->event->beforeDisplayContent = trim(implode("\n", $res));

$res = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentAfterDisplay', array('com_virtuemart.category', &$category, &$params, 0));
         $category->event->afterDisplayContent = trim(implode("\n", $res));
      } else {
         $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent', array(& $category, & $params, 0));
      }

simbus82

Quote from: Electrocity on December 23, 2011, 10:11:24 AM
HI,
The joomla plugin are only implemented in product desc, i discute next with the other tema members if it's a will to add it for category.

+1 i need it too!
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

James03

I'm trying to add your mod in VM 2.0.8c and Joomla 2.5.6 without any success.
I hope in some help.

I think that Joomla plugin are very usefull in category description as in product details.

Let me say just another important thing, VM is Amazing
Actually on Joomla 2.5.6 & V.M. 2.0.8c

esixtyone

+1

Was there VM 1.1.x for category descriptions. Should be in 2.0 as well.

esixtyone

I took a look at using the code above, but I couldn't get enough context to figure out exactly where this needs to go in 2.0.8e / svn trunk versions.

Can someone help me out by pointing me to where to insert the code above?

Thanks,

esixtyone

for anyone trying to get this working...
VM2.0.8e

I tried copying in the code above, but it didn't work for me (maybe the formatting was broken.) Anyway, I copied the code from the product description view, and modified it for category. Seems to work.

After this (line 164)

$pagination = $productModel->getPagination($perRow);
            $this->assignRef('vmPagination', $pagination);

add this

// add content plugin //
           $dispatcher = & JDispatcher::getInstance();
                jimport( 'joomla.html.parameter' );
                $params = new JParameter('');

if(JVM_VERSION === 2 ) {
                        $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentPrepare', array('com_virtuemart.category', &$category, &$params, 0));
                        $res = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentAfterTitle', array('com_virtuemart.category', &$category, &$params, 0));

$res = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentBeforeDisplay', array('com_virtuemart.category', &$category, &$params, 0));

$res = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentAfterDisplay', array('com_virtuemart.category', &$category, &$params, 0));
                } else {
                        $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent', array(& $category, & $params, 0));
                }

Could well be exactly the same code as above, (I didn't diff it) but at least now posted in code tags.  :)

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

esixtyone

Hi milbo,
I missed out the if statement so this will be turned on all the time. 

Check productdetails/view...

This (similar code) is wrapped by an if, which checks ( I think) if the Enable Plugins configuration is set.

This should be added if this it is going into Svn.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Tobes

Hi Maxim,

Please accept my apologies that I continue this thread, I can't get this to work for me, Im now wondering if I have Virtuemart set up correctly.

Im using VM 2.0.22 Joomla 2.5.11

The code is already implemented by the developer on line 174 (com_virtumart/views/catagory/view.html.php)

// add content plugin //
$dispatcher = JDispatcher::getInstance();
if(!class_exists('JParameter')) require(JPATH_LIBRARIES.DS.'joomla'.DS.'html'.DS.'parameter.php');

$params = new JParameter('');

if(JVM_VERSION === 2 ) {

} else {
}
}

So I don't think I need to add any code? what do you think?

I have product category set to:

Category Template "Default"
Category Browse Page "Detailed"
Default Product Details Page "No Override"

So maybe I need to enable something? Im very sorry to keep pestering you, Virtuemart is a bit of a nightmare to get setup properly, too many options with no clear setup instructions.

Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated.

Toby