News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM catagory can't be moved up and down?

Started by weblover, December 22, 2011, 00:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weblover

Hi everyone,

Virtuemart2.o with Joomla1.5.25,Vm caragory can't be moved up and down. Please let me know how to solve the problem with thanks.

jenkinhill

Moved up or down where? Please be more specific or provide a url to the issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

weblover

Thank you for your answer,jenkinhill.

In catagory I wrote a few kinds of products.I want to adjust the order of the products in the catagory. For example,1.shoes,2,boots,3.clothes,4.trousers. Now I want to put trousers in the first order. But I can't move it to the first order by the up arrow or down arrow.

jenkinhill

The category order can be changed by the arrows, which changes the order on the frontend, not the backend.  The ordering numbers in the right side column change to reflect the new ordering.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Venkko

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 22, 2011, 14:50:36 PM
The category order can be changed by the arrows, which changes the order on the frontend, not the backend.  The ordering numbers in the right side column change to reflect the new ordering.

I have same problem but all those number on the right side of the category is 0 (on the back-end).
I have J1.5 and VM2 final

For some reason it does not increase that number after creating new category.
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

Venkko

help please...

I still can't move my categories to the order I want them.

On attachment there is image where you can find what it looks at back-end.
print screen has been taken from product category list in vm2.0.0.

So what am I doing wrong when I create those product categories. On Joomla (1.5.23) menu I can get those number just how I want them to be.

-Venkko-

[attachment cleanup by admin]
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

charles99

In the order column you have place a number where the "0" are, and move from each product given them a number

0=1
0=2
0=3
0=4

Each "0" becomes the number or order you want your product to show or in...  Then click on the little disk there to save your setting or order.

Each time you add a product it might list at Zero "0" but by changing the Zero "0" to the number you want it to list at will give you the placement you want!

You can also click on category link and change each category order also just scroller down the page on the leftside and place each category in the order you want.  But the above is easier just replace the Zero "0" with the number like I did above to get the listing you want...

I hope this helps...