News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Issues with Custom Fields with Stock Control

Started by bkbooth, November 29, 2011, 00:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkbooth

It's taken me some time but I've finally got Child Products working, but only sort-of.

We're setting up a site for a coffee retailer, so for each product (type of coffee) the user needs to be able to choose the grind of the coffee AND the size of the bag of coffee. I've set this up on one product only as my working example, I setup a Custom Field of type Plugin using the stockable variants plugin. It has 2 lists: grind (beans, espresso ground, plunger ground) and amount (250g and 1kg). I've then setup 6 child products for each of the possible combinations and set the weight and price on each child products (note that the parent product doesn't have a price or weight set, as the child products should be defining this). On the parent product I've added the Custom Field and setup all of the options to match the child products. Now on the front-end the two drop-down lists are populated correctly and I can choose my options, BUT choosing an option doesn't update the price AND choosing an option doesn't update the weight if I had a product to cart.

Is this feature not complete or have I done something wrong/missed something here? If it's not complete is there an ETA for when this feature will be complete? I'm happy to checkout the latest relevant files from SVN if I know which ones.

I'm using Joomla 1.7 and VM RC2M.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Ben.

Kangelova

Exactly sort of my problem...I like the whole idea about this custom fields but it is a pain  :'( and I set them up once then, I couldn't repeat the process. the plugin just stopped showing my options when I try to assign it. And then, the issue with the fact they do not update in cart and the price is not calculated and so on...

axiomdesigns

Looks like it's very common problem here. I have been trying to find a good answer but it's useless...

cmatte

We're troubleshooting this problem here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95379.0 with vm 2.0.0 final and J! 1.7.3. Seems like there's something to fix from the devs. Also you have arrived a step forward than what we can actually get with vm 2.0.0, if it's not my fault :)

santosh742598