Main Menu

[Solved] Shopping cart link 404 with SEO on

Started by nflmerch, December 21, 2011, 22:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nflmerch

VM 2
J 1.7
Beez template
Deleted config file as suggested, and uninstalled and re-installed all plugins, AIO, and modules. Also tried Tools> "Renew config by file".

With the VM2 SEO enabled:  Anytime I try going to the shopping cart, in the module or with the java popup after adding a product to the cart, it goes to a 404 page.
It attempts to go to this page, mysite.com/component/virtuemart/cart, which does not exist.

If I disable VM SEO:, the cart works only sometimes.   If I am on a VM page or category page, the cart will work.  For example if I am on my account page it goes to mysite.com/my-account/view/cart.  If I am on a product page or detail page, it goes to, for example  mysite.com/mlb/milwaukee-brewers/view/cart.  Those work.
However, if I am on a page that is NOT VM, the cart still does not work.  It attempts to go to mysite.com/component/virtuemart/view/cart which does not exist.

I am using j1.7's SEO as well, and I've been testing every VM2 beta version and subreleases, etc, but this is the first time I've had this problem.
Thanks

PRO

do you have a joomla menu link to the default layout?

nflmerch

Wow thank you, you're right.   I swear I had made a menu link to the default layout a long time ago, but it wasn't there anymore.
Thanks