News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shopper fields

Started by melissio, December 21, 2011, 17:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melissio

Joomla 1.7.3 VM 2.0 final

the field Name Company and Username are blocked it isn't possbile to write and so the user cannot  buy becuse it is stopped to the registration

the website is mpindustry.eu

any help?
thanks

tech

I'm having a similar problem in which I am unable to populate the username and displayed name fields in VM. it is very wierd.

See this: http://s17.postimage.org/nd6yd17jj/broken_user_reg.jpg

Wonder if it has anything to do with this error: http://s15.postimage.org/ctehanyor/field_ordering_error.jpg

Note: using VM 2.0

mojino

I had the same issue and I realised that if you want to change the order of the user field, you must edit the user field and fill there the order you want for it.
But when you save, the user field becomes to "read only", and you cannot fill it in the front end. So, you have to uncheck "read only" every time you reorder an item.
Sorry for my English and hope to help you.

tech

Thank you...that was the problem. It appears also that I cannot change the read only in the backend either...i had to do it in the database.

Quote from: mojino on February 06, 2012, 13:02:04 PM
I had the same issue and I realised that if you want to change the order of the user field, you must edit the user field and fill there the order you want for it.
But when you save, the user field becomes to "read only", and you cannot fill it in the front end. So, you have to uncheck "read only" every time you reorder an item.
Sorry for my English and hope to help you.

Andyfoo

Hello,
I'm having the same issue: Username field is unwriteable. (VM2.0, JM1.7).

Quote from: mtechs on February 07, 2012, 04:22:25 AM
Thank you...that was the problem. It appears also that I cannot change the read only in the backend either...i had to do it in the database.

Can you explain in more detail how to change the read only in the database? I'm comfortable doing so, I just don't know which files to change.

Melissio, it looks like you fixed the problem on your website. Is this how you made the username field writeable, or did you do something else?

Thanks,
-Andy

tech

Inside my database I navigated to ... myprefix_virtuemart_userfields and inside there I chose "edit" username and then inside it says "readonly" ... I just changed that from 1 to 0 and saved the change.

After that users can fill in that field again. lol.

Quote from: Andyfoo on February 16, 2012, 18:25:57 PM
Hello,
I'm having the same issue: Username field is unwriteable. (VM2.0, JM1.7).

Quote from: mtechs on February 07, 2012, 04:22:25 AM

Can you explain in more detail how to change the read only in the database? I'm comfortable doing so, I just don't know which files to change.

Melissio, it looks like you fixed the problem on your website. Is this how you made the username field writeable, or did you do something else?

Thanks,
-Andy

Andyfoo

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Nothing like a little flashlight when you're in the dark!