News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to configure customs fileds ?

Started by jczanoni, December 21, 2011, 14:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jczanoni

Hi all,

I would like to add some customs fields, for example a list off shop where i can find my product.
How could i configure VM2 to have in the administrator side a checkbox list with the list off my magazine
and in the front side only the text list off them ?

Tanks for your help.
JC

jenkinhill

I would guess that like me, nobody can understand the description of what you are trying to do. It does not seem about custom fields, but about adding/extending functionality for which you will need to write a plugin.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jczanoni

ok so i try to explan better (sorry i'm french)

I would like to add some custom fields on my product.
I would like to see on the front end some sticker like 'Promotion', 'Last pieces', 'oddment' ...
so i need in the back end a new filed where i have to select this sticker

i also want to add a field where i can chose the shop where i can find my article (because i have 4 shop) so i need to ahave a multi selectable list items in the back end
to shose one ore more shop and in the front end i want to see the list off where i can found this article.

Bst rgds

jenkinhill

Because I am a designer rather than a coder, to add promotional images to a product page I would use a different Product Details Page template with the image already coded in. Create the templates, use template override and select the relevant template for each product. Thus you have full control over where and how the image/banner is displayed.

You could use a custom field of image type, but I found that this will appearat the bottom of the page where custom fields are set to display and would be less obvious.

As for the multi-shop issue, this would need special programming.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum