News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Migration VM1 -> VM2 problem with media files and product types

Started by Ducksoul, December 20, 2011, 14:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ducksoul

Hey there,

I've update my site to Joomla 1.73 with VM 2.00. Migration of the old vm1 files worked without problems.. At least that's what I thought until I realized that all the product types are gone and every product has only one product image left. Did I do somethin wrong during the migration process?

All the product images have been stored under /stories/virtuemart/.. It just looks like they aren't connected to the products in the database anymore. Is there a quick way to solve this problem?

And I don't have any clue about the product types. It would be a lot of work to add new custom fields and add them to every single product :-/

Thanks
Franz

Ducksoul

Can't anybody help? I really don't want to do that stuff manually again.. :-p

PRO

I do not know about product types. BUT additional images dont get attached.

BUT it is easier to attach them then uploading.

You can use the filter images in the edit product.

charles99

Ban

I think he is talking about product options...  Like color and size....   From what I get from his post none of his product options was imported.  So he looking for a way to import everything without having to redo everything again...

PRO

product options changed a lot in 2.0

there is no way to migrate then with the migrator.

There are ways to import them, but takes a bit of work. There will be more 3rd party plugins developed that will make the product options easier soon

Ducksoul

Unfortunetly the due date of the new shop is december 31st. But it's ok. I will readd the types manually.

But I really have to say: VM2 is an awesome piece of software. Thanks :)

matteo

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 23, 2011, 18:41:31 PMThere are ways to import them, but takes a bit of work.
Can you please be a little more detailed?
I have to migrate my old jos_vm_product_type_1 table (493 records for 10 text fields) and the additional product images from jos_vm_product_files.
Thanks!