News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal Payment Pluggin Curreny Option

Started by CranialBlaze, December 20, 2011, 10:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CranialBlaze

Just updated tot he latest and official VM2 with the AIO and noticed a currency option in the paypal payment configuration, not sure if it was their before though.

What is that option meant to do? I tried it and from what I could see it actually did nothing.

As I understand it, it would change the checkout currency that's passed to paypal, which would be extremely useful as paypal does not accept ZAR which is my default currency. I can still get paypal funds in South Africa, but unless paypal starts accepting ZAR its pretty useless unless this plugin works the way i expected it to and have done something wrong in configuration.

Is my expectation incorrect, have i made a mistake or is that function of the plugin faulty?
Thanks
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

alatak

Hi,

QuoteJust updated tot he latest and official VM2 with the AIO and noticed a currency option in the paypal payment configuration, not sure if it was their before though.
It is a new feature.

QuoteAs I understand it, it would change the checkout currency that's passed to paypal, which would be extremely useful as paypal does not accept ZAR which is my default currency. I can still get paypal funds in South Africa, but unless paypal starts accepting ZAR its pretty useless unless this plugin works the way i expected it to and have done something wrong in configuration.
Configure your vendor currency in ZAR, and in the accepted currencies add USD.

In paypal, configure  it with USD.

CranialBlaze

Quote from: alatak on December 20, 2011, 13:21:14 PM
Hi,

QuoteJust updated tot he latest and official VM2 with the AIO and noticed a currency option in the paypal payment configuration, not sure if it was their before though.
It is a new feature.

QuoteAs I understand it, it would change the checkout currency that's passed to paypal, which would be extremely useful as paypal does not accept ZAR which is my default currency. I can still get paypal funds in South Africa, but unless paypal starts accepting ZAR its pretty useless unless this plugin works the way i expected it to and have done something wrong in configuration.
Configure your vendor currency in ZAR, and in the accepted currencies add USD.

In paypal, configure  it with USD.

That's actually exactly what i did, the 4 additional accepted currencies are in the paypal dropdown, i set it to USD and EUR and had not effect from a display point, i then completed teh checkout and got the usual paypal error.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

alatak

Hi,

s
QuoteThat's actually exactly what i did, the 4 additional accepted currencies are in the paypal dropdown, i set it to USD and EUR and had not effect from a display point, i then completed teh checkout and got the usual paypal error.

sry what do you call the usual error?
Can you give me a screen shot of you cart in VM, and the one of Paypal?

CranialBlaze

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

alatak

Hi,

Somehow the Paypal payment currency has not been saved. Other wise you will had another line underneath the total , giving the payment currency (USD for you), and that total in that currency is sent to Paypal. In your case, it looks like, the payment is sent in R .

alatak

Hi,

please save you Paypal config again. And try again.

CranialBlaze

Tried re-saving, even reinstalled and manually uploaded the aio again, nothings changed.

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

CranialBlaze

Tested it on 2 separate website now and its still not working...

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

Jicklectyc

I have exactly the same situation with Colombian Pesos
I already add USD and €, and set paypal with USD, and nothing.

Acctually, is that related with the exchange rate?
How i'm suposed to set the exchange rate y Colombian Pesos currency
the many Colombian Pesos equivalent to ONE USD, or the many USD equivanlent to ONE Colombian peso?

Thanks a lot for your help