News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Add Custom Fied to product not working (backend)

Started by kawagunax, December 20, 2011, 04:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawagunax

Hi,

I really don't get it.

When I want to add a custom field to a product (in the backend tab), I have the drop menu showing the custom fields avalaible, no problem at this point.

But when I select one in the droplist, nothing happens, the custom field is not added to  the table below. I tried all the demo customs fields, I tried my own, I tried without the demo stuff...

I was thinking about an conflict, but everything is working perfect all around, so... I tried activate, desactivate JQuery, templates plugins, etc, but no succes.

Thanks to everyone that can help and thanks to the dev for their excellent work with VM !

StevenO

Same here...

But thanks for all the work, i like virtuemart

PRO

kawagunax

I'm a newbie so I don't kow if there's any relation with the issue.

Under the console of chrome, I have that when I go on the custom  field droplist :

event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.

Thanks !

PRO

kawagunax

Absolutely, same issue with all latest browsers : FF, Opera, Safari, IE, Chrome...

PRO

uncheck "use external google jquery"

BUT makes sure you still use virtuemart jquery

morktron

I had exactly the same problem, I tried unchecking "use external google jQuery" but it didn't fix it.

I made a copy of the site locally then one by one removed extensions with jQuery. It turned out Jom Social was causing the issue. When I unistalled it then VM extra fields worked again.

I wonder if there is some work around so that we can still use Jom Social and VM 2.0 ?

Braindead83

morktron

I see someone has narrowed down the issue further

It would be great if the most popular shopping cart for Joomla would work with the most popular membership solution for Joomla!

renegadesk

I've got it fixed for my install. check http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96366.0

Might not work with HTTPS but see how you go.

morktron

Good work Simon, many thanks, that has fixed it for my site :)