News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Terms of Service" in Cart - display issue

Started by atb, December 18, 2011, 11:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atb

Hi,
Well done to the team - it seems almost there.  However a "look & feel" issue, not functional issue.

At the end of the Cart page, unless the "Terms of Service" are very short then the Web page can extend significantly in height (unless the box is re-coded to allow for vertical scrolling - not nice!) - the "Check Out Now" may dissappear well off the bottom of the screen!

Is it not more appropriate to provide access to the ToS via a Pop-up or a new page with easy access to "Return to Cart"?  This is not critical for an operational VM2 and a manual work-around would be to have short message linked to a completely different page. 
Note: the previous VM did not have a "Terms of Service" link onthe "Cart" page but the "Checkout" page the "Terms of Service" are linked  and displayed via a Pop-up window - much better.

JM1.7.3  JM RC3(final)  IE8

Milbo

You can handle that completly by template override. You are right that there maybe better ways. But we wont change that. Remember that vm2 is a core :-)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

atb

Quote from: Milbo on December 18, 2011, 14:10:39 PM
You can handle that completly by template override. You are right that there maybe better ways. But we wont change that. Remember that vm2 is a core :-)
OK, thanks for the response.   Sorry, I had not realised that the nature of the display of the ToS could be overriden, other than switching it off altogther in the Shop Config, by a template override.  However, I do understand that VM2 is "a core".

So, it seems that I will have to look further into creating a linked reference to the ToS (or Pop-up, as previously in VM1), possibly by a template override, or by editing the css and/or the page code.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member