News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

booked, ordered products counts twice

Started by Pixelchen, December 18, 2011, 03:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixelchen

Joomla 1.7.3, Virtuemart 2.0.0RC3, no multilingual, but installed english (of course) and german language files. Only add-on installed: Virtuemart and Viao.

So, what happened?

• I made one product with a basic price of 20€.
  • I made a custom field: type "cart variant", name "size", default "30x50cm; 50x70cm;", is it a list "no", cart attribute "yes" 
  • I went to my product, to "custom fields", select an option "size" <- two times
  • I filled in value "30 x 50 cm" and in price "0" - in second row I filled in value "50 x 70 cm" and in price "+10"
  • I made a test buy in frontend, had chosen the product and from drop-down-list the value "50 x 70 cm", the endprice was okay 20€ + 10€ + tax.
  • cart shows me ONE product is in cart and the price for this ONE product. All okay.

But if I look now in backend under product -> booked, ordered products it shows me, that TWO products were sold. I tried it a few times, always the same bug.

Another "little" bug: the "+" (from +10) is not shown in drop-downlist.

Studio 42

Hi,
The price are calculated(with tax rules, currencies ) from the customfield price and displayed always without the "+".
You cant for now override the price with a FIX price in the variant and we find customer know this are the price from variant.

We look for the stock handler ...
Tks for report

Pixelchen

Sorry, that's because english is not my native language. I don't understand this:

QuoteYou cant for now override the price with a FIX price in the variant and we find customer know this are the price from variant.

Do I can oder do I can't? (you cant for now....)
What do you mean with "in the variant"
Where I can insert a "FIX" price

---------------------------------------------------------
The only way to make product variants is to do with custom fields. I have installed the example data and looked into the custom fields of "Circular Saw". The additional tovels are added as images, but they also have a "sum up" price and not a FIX price, that would REPLACE the bacis price. All prices - however I insert the numbers - either I write +10 or if I write 10 - are sum up to the basic price. There is no other way. Okay I can also deduct prices, but I never can REPLACE the basic price (this would be so great - I hope the plugin will do, when you have fixed it).

The "+" is not shown, but the "-" is shown:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/97173648.png

and in frontend:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/90940654.png

btw: It is not possible to insert images? I tried with [ img ] url [ / img ] and with [ img=url ] url [ / img ] and with [ img=url ]  [ / img ] but nothing works. Maybe png files aren't possible?

Point 1 is the basic price (incl. Tax - but let us forget taxes in the moment)
And Point 2 are the custom fields (incl. Taxes). The last field of dropdown contains a "-" (customer can see, oh this price will be deducted from Price above [point 1], it has a Minus "-")
If I click on this minus-field the price above changes from 23,80€ to 11,90€ (23,80 - 11,90). It's a bad example. If the minus-price would be 16,90 the above price would change to 6,90€ (23,80 - 16,90).

Child products don't work for me. And also I can't see in example data any example, where they are used. I have read almost all threads here in forum about child products. But I never can make a relationship between parent and child. I hope for the plugin.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Wow I found another bug: I wanted to switch the frontend language to english, for making the screenshots above, but after I had done, all products and categories were shown empty, as if they would not exist (in front- AND in backend), Switching only backend to english does not causes this bug: all products are present. Fortunately if I switch frontent language back to german, the products appear again.

I will now test, if this concerns to the joomla language plugin, it is deactivated. No. this changes nothing. Bug remains.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Further bug, and this is a worse case:
The required fields of registration don't work, like they should. Buying as guest (no account required), filling out the form, but wrong e-mail (I forgot the .de, I only wrote myemail@gmx ). You get an error message, but the order is done. The vendor can't contact the customer via e-mail. All messages don't arrive the customer. I will do further test with the form and will report here about the behavior of required fields if you have an account and so on.