News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

not able to select state in dropdown for USA

Started by mabeall32, December 16, 2011, 03:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabeall32

when I'm in the shopping cart on go to the account maintenance screen on the front end, I cannot select a state.  On the backside, it works find.  is there something I'm doing wrong?

PRO

mabeall32

PRO

PRO

your template uses jquery, you can disable the vmart jquery

mabeall32

where do I find it.  I went to configuration and unclicked everything except update database and nothing happening.  (i also deleted cache and history).  I must be unclicking the wrong thing?

Studio 42

Mabe all are in config
/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config

or in vrituemart menu >>
configuration
-configuration

click on TAB nr 3 >"Templates"
search Activate Css Styles & Javascripts

uncheck
Using the Virtuemart jQuery

click on save or apply on top right corner

refresh or reload the non-working page

mabeall32

that didn't work, I still don't have the dropdown and it turn off the accordian effect on the category on the left side of the page.

PRO

turn off "use external google jquery"
and see what happens

PRO

I dotn know what to tell you, the vmart jquery and definitely conflicting with the jquery in your template

Studio 42

Hi mabeall32,
I have take a look on your website and you don't deactivated the internal jquery.
Plz uncheck :
Using the Virtuemart jQuery in configuration

or we can't help you

mabeall32

i did but, change it back.  I changed it some you can get to backend when I turn of the virtuemart jquery, the category listing on the left stop working.  change the password after you get in the backend.  I delete the user when we are finish

Studio 42

OK, i have look the code.
The problem is the template set jQuery at the End and are not set when virtuemart call jQuery.
YOu must look to add jQuery at the begin of your template. directly  in the head before the tag
<jdoc:include type="head" /> from template
The file in normal case in templates/matlin6/ is index.php

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/matlin6/jquery.js"></script>

remove the other call to jquery that you can find in this template or module (search for jquery.js in your file if it's not in index.php

and don't readd the virtuemart jquery , plz ;)