News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

tags in VM 2.0?

Started by morktron, December 15, 2011, 01:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morktron

Hello, just wondering if there is a way to use tags in VM 2.0?

I know we can have the same products in multiple categories but the then we'll have to have a long list of categories which would not be ideal.

Maybe there is way to do it using extra fields?

PRO

Custom fields,

and you also have MANY search by fields in 2.0

morktron

Great thanks for your reply :)

Yes I've found custom fields but could not get anything to work, I selected "Custom Field Type" and chose a custom field, it says "Product successfully saved" but still nothing is listed. If it did work then please give me any advice on how I'd go about creating tags as a custom field.

I did find "Available Search Fields" in Configuration > Configuration > Product Order Settings . This looks very promising indeed! In fact it's even better than tags. I can't work out where to enable it though.

The tooltip says "Choose the Search-by fields for the browse page. Each one defines a search method for the product browse page. If you deselect all, the Search-Form will not be shown."

I can't find anywhere to enable the search for the browse page, your assistance would be much appreciated. I'll make some YouTube tutorials if i can work it all out...