News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

cant add and save any info when editing Shopper. Cant add Shipment Addresses - it just don't save.

Started by arnask, December 13, 2011, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Maybe it is your template override, disable the template overrides in the users view.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

DaggaTora

Milbo, again you are completely right. I don't know when or with which update but some files in user folder change a lot, so reediting the new ones all the info get saved.

Editing in the BE also works.

Add shipment still gives a [COM_VIRTUEMART _addST]

thanks Milbo!
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

drewby07

I just installed 2.0.8e and am having the same issue.  When a customer clicks "add / edit shipping address" they get the form, but when they fill it out and click save, the form is cleared, but the address is not saved.  I have another site running 2.0.6 and it has the same problem. 

Both sites are running Joomla 2.5.4.  This is a critical error and doesn't seem to have been solved yet...

Actlas

Quote from: Milbo on July 12, 2012, 19:26:44 PM
Maybe it is your template override, disable the template overrides in the users view.

How and where should I do this?

target4fun

I too am having the same problem where when I hit save on the form nothing happens.... Can anyone provide any more info on how to do the "template override for user view"  Ive had a hard time finding any instructions or location to do this for the problem several of us seem to be having.  Thanks!

target4fun

Anyone know anything about how to solve this.  I am at a dead end until I can fix this.  Thanks! Seems like quite a few people are having a similar problem.  Any tips in any way would be greatly appreciated... ive spent all day yesterday trying to fix this with no luck. 

Here is my website if you are interested in seeing the problem for yourself:  http://concealedhandgunonline.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscheckoutBT?Itemid=0

Joomla! version, 2.5.8

VM 2.0.12f

drewby07

Just chiming in here....I've done everything I can think of and am still having this issue. 

I have upgraded to JM 2.5.8 and VM 2.0.14.  I thought this had something to do with me rearranging the userfields, so I dumped that table and reinstalled it in the DB. 

I tried the advice from above and disabled all my template overrides and STILL nothing.  I created a new install of joomla / VM in a subdirectory on the same domain, and everything works properly, so I know it's something specific to my install.  Anyone have any other tips for me before I dump VM and start all over?

target4fun

Drew please keep me posted if you get it figured out.  Ive spent hours trying everything I can possibly think of.  That being said im a VM noob.  I need this working before i can do anything else on the website.  Thanks!

drewby07

For some more backstory on this....I've managed to add shipping addresses directly into the database by adding entries to the jml_virtuemart_userinfos.  When I try to place an order, I can click "Add/Edit Shipment Address", and the shipping addresses are listed at the bottom correctly.  When I click on one to display it, and click "save", nothing happens.  Cound it be the actual BUTTON code that's the culprit?

target4fun

NO idea I just did a uninstall and fresh install of VM and still in the same boat.  Im using the stock template so dunno what it is at this point. ...

randomdev

I am using an older version 2.0.6 but have noticed this, not sure if related:

in edit_address.php
<?php if(!empty($this->virtuemart_userinfo_id)){
   echo '<input type="hidden" name="shipto_virtuemart_userinfo_id" value="'.(int)$this->virtuemart_userinfo_id.'" />';
}

But on the page:
<input type="hidden" value="0" name="virtuemart_userinfo_id"> <---value is 0?

I dont think this has anything to do with it as checking for 0 changes nothing, sorry.

PRO

Quote from: randomdev on November 14, 2012, 03:20:23 AM
I am using an older version 2.0.6 but have noticed this, not sure if related:

in edit_address.php
<?php if(!empty($this->virtuemart_userinfo_id)){
   echo '<input type="hidden" name="shipto_virtuemart_userinfo_id" value="'.(int)$this->virtuemart_userinfo_id.'" />';
}

But on the page:
<input type="hidden" value="0" name="virtuemart_userinfo_id"> <---value is 0?

I dont think this has anything to do with it as checking for 0 changes nothing, sorry.

that version is way outdated, and full of bugs.

drewby07

Another test I tried: 

In PHPMyAdmin, I exported all the VM tables and overwrote them to the non-working VM install.  The problem was NOT fixed.

Conversely, I loaded all VM tables from the NON working installation to the working one, and it's still working!  This leads me to believe the issue is either somewhere in the source files (though they SHOULD both be the same)...or in part of the database not related to VM?!

drewby07

Anyone?  This is incredibly annoying.  I'm at the point where I'm considering uninstalling VM and trying something else.

deepakdhingra

Is there a solution to this, please?

I have the same issue where the user logs in and he has to select his shipping address each and every time. Billing Address is always displayed but shipping address is never displayed.

User has to uncheck " Use for the shipto same as billto address" and then select the address that he had previously saved. Why cant we simply have that address shown the way we have the billing address shown?

Is this a bug? Or is there something wrong with my installation?

Deepak

Edit - I hope I was clear about the above. The user shipping address IS being saved in the database -  virtuemart_userinfos. There is NO problem with saving it in database. It just does NOT show to the user when he logs in again. It works as Rupesh showed in his jpgs on the 1st page of this thread.

Ideal situation would be to show user his last filled in shipping address. If he wants to change it he can very well use the Add/Edit button.