cant add and save any info when editing Shopper. Cant add Shipment Addresses - it just don't save.

Started by arnask, December 13, 2011, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melina

Hi there! I have the same problem! Joomla 2.5 - VM 2.0.6. When a user register they do it without address info. when they go to their account and add the address info and then click save, this info is not saved! It doesnt say anything, you logout and when you come back, no info. Also I cant see any info on the vm backend.

Can someone help us? =(
I am supposed to finish this web now and that issue is driving me crazy!

I think everyone will agree that VM without this solved its totally useless...

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: rupesh on May 14, 2012, 17:49:47 PM
when you are order a product for that session we can create multiple shipping address ! but they are stored into database permanantly!

Have you done any hacks or modifications to the VM2 code?
In the images you attached there is only one shipment address. Could you please try to create 2 or 3 shipment addresses for a shopper, and tell us what happens then?

Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

Milbo

Quote from: melina on May 18, 2012, 14:22:14 PM

I think everyone will agree that VM without this solved its totally useless...

I would remove the totally, but I agree. Please try the latest version c http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

melina

Yeah, I would =( But its not working and I have a very customized site so everytime I change to a new version I have to redo a lot.
do you think there is a file I can focus on? They only problem I have is this and I was supposed to have the site ready like 3 weeks ago. Cant find a solution for this and if people cant save their info the online shop is useless for me. I´ve been using vm for a long time now and redesigned the shop with joomla 2.5 and vm 2.0.6.
Apparently is the only thing not working for me. If I sign up as a new user I can buy but when I close session and re login later my info is gone and I dont have it on backend either. Si clients will be ungry needing to add their info all over again everytime they want to buy something....
I love Vm and all your work on it. It works for me and always did in many, many ways. But I´m going crazy now because I have nothing else to do here and a lot to lose. An online shop without this fixed is not good... I´ve tried a lot of things already but cant fix it.
=(

Milbo

The new version do not change the layout overrides imho.

Just the custom trigger for plugins is a bit changed. I think you should try it, because I worked also on this section.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

melina

OK so, I gave up and installed 2.0.7 c even if I have to change back everything.
Nothing changed on the address/info for the user, not saving the info.
Also, I tried to add the address through backend and this error appeared:
vmError: TableUserinfos::store failed - Duplicate entry '4294967295' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO `mo79_virtuemart_userinfos` (`virtuemart_user_id`,`virtuemart_userinfo_id`,`address_type`,`address_type_name`,`name`,`phone_1`,`phone_2`,`address_1`,`city`,`virtuemart_state_id`,`virtuemart_country_id`,`zip`,`agreed`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`,`locked_on`,`locked_by`) VALUES ('88','0','BT','','Melina Ferszt','48110105','','Juncal 1980 4ºB','Buenos Aires','374','10','1125','','2012-05-18 23:26:39','42','2012-05-18 23:26:39','42','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0')
vmError: No se pudieron guardar los datos de usuario.

And when I click on the addST on backend nothing happens so... I cant add the addresses on frontend or backend at all... not one, not mny, nothing....

melina

Also now when I click on save or add shipping address on front end I get the not available web site error from chrome.

when I want to save user on backend
Info: COM_VIRTUEMART_MISSING_VALUE_FOR_FIELD
Info: COM_VIRTUEMART_CHECKOUT_PLEASE_ENTER_ADDRESS

=(

Milbo

Quote from: melina on May 19, 2012, 01:30:23 AM
OK so, I gave up and installed 2.0.7 c even if I have to change back everything.

What did you changed? Version 2.0.7c contains imho no changes in the layouts. Maybe a small fix here and there like a closing tag, which is usually anyway fixed, when someone uses an overwrite. I changed also a bit the layouts of the users. But I think it is 5 minutes to add the changes (to you override).

melina

No, no, you are totally right, it didnt change a lot to update, only little things. But the saving of user info on the account or backend its still not working...

rupesh

Quote from: gkolomvos on May 18, 2012, 17:03:41 PM
Quote from: rupesh on May 14, 2012, 17:49:47 PM
when you are order a product for that session we can create multiple shipping address ! but they are stored into database permanantly!

Have you done any hacks or modifications to the VM2 code?
In the images you attached there is only one shipment address. Could you please try to create 2 or 3 shipment addresses for a shopper, and tell us what happens then?

ALREADY 2 CREATED
1)miraraod (1st shipping)

2)bhau(2nd shipping)

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: rupesh on May 21, 2012, 12:24:23 PM
ALREADY 2 CREATED
1)miraraod (1st shipping)

2)bhau(2nd shipping)

Please answer these questions:
1) What version of VM2 do you have (2.0.6, 2.0.7c or which)?
2) Is it posible to add shipment addresses for any shopper at your site's Front-End?
3) Is it posible to add shipment addresses for any shopper in your Joomla Back-End?
4) Have you done any hacks or modifications to the VM2 code?

Please be specific or else we cannot understand what is your point.

Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: Milbo on May 18, 2012, 17:31:00 PM
... Please try the latest version c http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

I have installed VM 2.0.7c on Joomla 2.5.4 and i noticed an important improvement: a shopper can finally add multiple addresses (only from the site Front-End).

But the problem with the Back-End is still there: the administrator cannot add or edit the shipment addresses of any shopper.
The link "Add Address" (http://my_domain.gr/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=addST&new=1&addrtype=ST&virtuemart_user_id[]=45) in the shopper's administration (back-end) does nothing and if the administrator tries to modify a shipment address, that a shopper has added from his front end, the modifications that the admin makes are not saved (no error messages appear).

Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

melina

Well, Hi there! I solved my problems, most of them.

Problem 1. saving info on user account: I dropped the table userinfos on DB and then on BE click on tools of VM the "Install tables or if necessary update them". This reinstall your table so if it had an issue its solved. I started my web with VM 2.0 and went up so that table was old and something was wrong with it.
Also I upgraded to Joomla 2.5.4 (last one) and VM 2.0.7 c.
My users can now save their info without a problem.

Problem 2. when clicking on add shipping address I got an error: I touched all the user fields and screw it up. DONT play with user fields. You will probably end up doing something wrong unless you really know what you are doing.

Problem 3. gkolomvos, the same here, not able to add a new address for user from BE. I couldnt fix that, sorry =( I cant see the address that user added on FE but cant add any. When I click on add it says [ COM_VIRTUEMART_addST ]  on top but no new tab appears. On my case, I dont really care that much. Its not something I use much. But it could be good to find the solution so we all can have it working fine.

So, 2 important things done. I am so happy right now! Its good to solve stuff.
Also, if ay of you have problems customizing the order emails, I posted about it: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102633.msg340711#msg340711

marklask

I have the same problem with [COM_VIRTUEMART_addST].  :(
Could You please fix this? I'm really need that.
best regard

DaggaTora

VM 2.0.8c

Shoppers cant change their info, it doesn't get saved. I dropped the userinfo table, reinstall it but nothing. If I open any shopper info in BE their info isn't there and all of them have my email instead of theirs.

If I try to add a shipment adress throught backend I also get [COM_VIRTUEMART_addST].
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28