News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

cant add and save any info when editing Shopper. Cant add Shipment Addresses - it just don't save.

Started by arnask, December 13, 2011, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnask

Hi,

cant add and save any info when editing Shopper. Cant add Shipment Addresses - it just don't save.
Weird window opens when trying to add Shipment Address. See attached file.   

Using J1.7.3 and VM2 RC3 N ...K
Firefox 8.0

Arnas

[attachment cleanup by admin]

arnask

and another one...

when editing Order and trying to Update Status, part of Edit Order Item window is blocked by Order status changing drop down. See attached file.

PRO

Quote from: arnask on December 13, 2011, 13:23:46 PM
and another one...

when editing Order and trying to Update Status, part of Edit Order Item window is blocked by Order status changing drop down. See attached file.

what browser is that with? mine isnt like that

PRO

Quote from: arnask on December 13, 2011, 14:11:47 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 13, 2011, 13:57:51 PM
what browser is that with? mine isnt like that
Firefox 8.0

You dont have many fields in your user details, so that part of the layout is a lot "shorter".

On mine I have 4 or so more fields, which pushes the rest down

Milbo

This is afaik fixed,... the problem is that there is a key which should be char and not auto increment. sometimes the updater does not handle that correctly.
Take a look on your table virtuemart_userinfos and on this `virtuemart_userinfo_id` field, it must be " CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', " not int, not autoincrement, then it should work. 
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

themichaelminer

Try closing and restarting your browser. I was just having an issue when using Firefox and I was trying to upload product images and save them. The save button wouldn't work and when I clicked on the tabs to navigate to the different product info tabs it wouldn't do anything. So I tried in Safari and it worked, then I closed Firefox and restarted and it worked just fine.

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: Milbo on December 13, 2011, 17:39:31 PM
This is afaik fixed,... the problem is that there is a key which should be char and not auto increment. sometimes the updater does not handle that correctly.
Take a look on your table virtuemart_userinfos and on this `virtuemart_userinfo_id` field, it must be " CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', " not int, not autoincrement, then it should work.

I have Joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.6 and the problem is still here and it is not solved modifying the type of virtuemart_userinfo_id field

I still cannot add a new shipment address for any shopper, neither from the back-end (logged in as admin) nor from the front-end (logged in as the user himself).
When i tried to insert manually (by phpmyadmin), a new record in the table virtuemart_userinfos, with address_type ST (Shipment Type), then VM Front-End and Back-End recognised that new record as an additional shipment address and it shows it normally.

I think that the problem is that the code of VM2 that is meant to insert the new record of the additional shipment address, in the table virtuemart_userinfos, is broken...

Milbo do you have any suggestion please?

Giorgos Kolomvos
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: Milbo on May 10, 2012, 09:37:44 AM
hm?

The situation is now the opposite. We have for `virtuemart_userinfo_id` now INT. Please just try version 2.0.7http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102143.msg340192#msg340192

Milbo, thank you for your immediate response.
I downloaded and installed versions 2.0.7 and 2.0.7.b of Virtuemart but nothing changed.
Unfortunately it is still imposible to add multiple shipment addresses from the front or the back end of VM2
The only way to insert additional Shipment addresses for a shopper is by using an SQL statement in phpmyadmin, for example:

INSERT INTO `xxxxxx_virtuemart_userinfos` ( `virtuemart_userinfo_id` , `virtuemart_user_id` , `address_type` , `address_type_name` , `name` , `company` , `title` , `last_name` , `first_name` , `middle_name` , `phone_1` , `phone_2` , `fax` , `address_1` , `address_2` , `city` , `virtuemart_state_id` , `virtuemart_country_id` , `zip` , `agreed` , `created_on` , `created_by` , `modified_on` , `modified_by` , `locked_on` , `locked_by` )
VALUES ( 6, 45, 'ST', 'My brother\'s house', '', '', 'Mr', 'Smith', 'John', '', '6234567890', '', '', '5, Dimitriou St.', '', 'Athens', 521, 84, '52345', 0, '2012-05-09 14:58:40', 45, '2012-05-09 15:10:55', 45, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0 ) ;
(change xxxxxx to your database prefix)

Then the newlly added shipment address is shown both in the front and the back end of VM2 and it can be modified, selected for an order, etc.

Adding multiple shipment addresses for shoppers, is a very important feature for some projects , please have a look to it.
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

rupesh

hello

sorry but i have tested now completely on multiple shipping address and its working !
ya this is very important feature

what i have tried i will explain you

when you are order a product for that session we can create multiple shipping address ! but they are stored into database permanantly! after your logout they will not disappear ! in my case they are stored in database only thing is we have to select it by clicking on add/edit address! I think in virtuemart we have two separate button for add new address and edit exixting address to avoid confusion!  otherwise in my case select multiple shipping address is working perfectly!

see the attachments

Georgios Kolomvos

Quote from: rupesh on May 14, 2012, 17:49:47 PM
...we can create multiple shipping address ! but they are not stored into database permanantly! after your logout they will disappear !

The correct behaviour of "add Shipment Address" would be to save these multiple addresses permanently in the Data Base, so that if the shopper buys again he could choose one of his saved addresses.
And as i said, if you create multiple addresses using the SQL statement that i gave at http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94939.msg340242#msg340242 then these addresses behave exactly this way.
So there is a bug here: VM 2.0.6 cannot save multiple shipment addresses for shoppers although it is supposed to do so.
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

gcomo01

Hi guys,

gkolomvos is totally right. You cannot add a shipment address (one or multiple) through the front or back end. As he pointed out if one or multiple records are inserted through SQL in the db (address type 'ST' and so on)  it works fine..
I had another post regarding this but noticed that when trying to add/edit shipment address for the logged user the link always points to editaddresscartST?new=1&cid[0]=43 (43 .. is userid of logged user but for any user happens). So always sees it as if the cart's ST address is being added/edited. I think it should link to editaddressST or something instead of editaddresscartST   (leave alone cart since it is for logged shopper shipment address maintenance purposes). Maybe the problem lies on the com_virtuemart/router.php user case ?
Anyone has any solutions. greatly appreciated.
thx
G

joomla 1.7.3 vm 2.0.6

gcomo01

Hey all,
BTW just noticed in the router.php the line:

elseif ($query['addrtype'] == 'ST' && $query['task']='editaddresscart') $segments[] = $helper->lang('editaddresscartST') ; //notice one equal instead of 2 :-)

replaced it with

elseif ($query['addrtype'] == 'ST' && $query['task']=='editaddresscart') $segments[] = $helper->lang('editaddresscartST') ;

now add new shipment loads a blank shipment address form but when saved replaces the BT address for the user .. any ideas anybody ?

thx
G

joomla 1.7.3 vm 2.0.6