News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Errors with Release com_virtuemart2.0.0_RC3_Pre_K

Started by giosanything, December 13, 2011, 07:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giosanything

We got everything working so far..  We encountered a problem with the "Add to Cart" button. We tried many different solutions and none of them seem to work. Interesting enough Opera is working and IE 9.0 is workg but here is the thing that we cannot figure out. In my computer with IE 9.0 same version is not working. On my friends computer with IE 9.0 is working we checked settings and nothing seems to be different.  Anyone has recommendations? Please advice.

giosanything

We are getting closer to the issue..
If I take the www in front of the web address then it works. We tried adding the code to force the www. in the .htaccess file and it did not fix the issue.
Also clicking add to cart twice will not add 2 items in the cart.. You will need to select the right number of items in order to get the right amount.
I had to clean my catche files every single time to start from fresh.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

jjk

Probably an Internet Explorer issue. If I remember correctly, IE 7,8,9 versions all produce different results when using submit buttons. There are certainly workarounds, but I didn't search for them yet. (I'm using Firefox :-)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

giosanything

We kept debugging all night and could not find a solid solution. For now we are testing without the www. Prefix. We will continue to test tomorrow. It is definetly not related to the browser or the browser version. We tried with Firefox, Opera, chrome and IE. Withoutnthe www works like a charm.

jjk

Quote from: giosanything on December 13, 2011, 08:26:20 AM
Also clicking add to cart twice will not add 2 items in the cart..
This one is a problem with IE8 (can't test IE9, because I'm still on WinXP). If you have other problems with the "Add to Cart" button, you forgot to explain the errors you get.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

atb

Today I updated to k version from i version, because the "confirm payment" raised HTML Error 500 - and now a PayPal (Sandbox) payment has now been successful. Clearly I had managed to "Add to Cart" without problem, using IE8 (no www. element is used, simply using a direct local IP numeric addess).

However I have experienced failures to "Add to Cart", both with k version and previous versions - it would appear that once a problem has arisen (due a variety of issues) then "Add to Cart" later stops working!  In some cases I have found the product is indicated as "Added", yet is not actually there when the Cart is viewed. 
I suspect that this "error" may be more a relation to aspects, such as cookies, stored within the Browser, rather than still being a direct bug in the VM code.  I haven't tried clearing cookies or other temp files from the browser.  When I have previously had problems with "Add to Cart" I had later carried out "clean" installs of Joomla and Virtuemart and subsequently had no "Add to Cart" problems.  On other occasions I have found that the product can be correctly added in the cart, after having let it "rest " for some time, i.e. someting appears to have timed-out.

I have also found that an error related to shipment, which is corrected in k version, has affected "Pending" orders and prevents them being deleted via the admin control.  Hence, simply by updating VM,  the system may behave in a somewhat non deterministic manner and it may be wise to carry out a fresh install.

Milbo

Maybe we just "fixed" this. There exist a virtual stock, which will be shown now in the BE. Maybe your products are just out of stock.
Or it is a js problem, use firebug or simular and take a look on the console
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member