News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Is this scenerio possible catalog only / cart display when logged on

Started by sticcino1, December 13, 2011, 03:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticcino1

Hello,

i had a question if we could do this, basically if user not logged in, show VM as catalog on, and the user needs to log in to see the pricing/cart etc..
should i do this with joomla login system and show VM only if "registered"

any ideas, appreciated.

Thanks,
Johnny

Milbo

I would enable the product specific price display. There exists various methods to achieve this. We have for this this also the settings:
- On checkout, ask for registration    
- Only registered users can checkout

Check this in your vmconfig
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sticcino1

Hi,
thanks for the info , i'm not sure what the option or where it is  "product specific price display", i've tried a few scenarios, are you saying activate "catalog" mode, so when user logins in it will show prices ?

i have:
Show Prices    
Baseprice          
Baseprice modificator          
New baseprice modificated by choosen product variant          
Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts          
Discounted Price without tax          
Salesprice with discount, but without override          
Final salesprice          
Salesprice without tax          
Discount amount          
Tax amount          

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

NawtyAtNight

Quote from: Milbo on December 13, 2011, 14:55:09 PM
I think it is time for a manual

Yes please!

I know that VM2 is very different than VM1. I joined the community to try an help, I have no programming experience and would love to do testing, but until i understand how VM2 actually works, i cannot. Ive been reading up on many threads and sections on VM2 to understand it better. But I really think there needs to be a manual, that way new people helping out with testing or new to the project have a starting point. If there is any way I can help please let me know.

vis18neu

I tried to resolve this issue by determining what each shopper group will see but it doesn't work, they can all see the prices although I marked that only -default- group can see the prices. I also checked the option 'Membergroup to show prices to' in Configuration => Prices, but I don't see any list of shopper groups so I cannot choose the group that will see the prices. Is my VM installation corrupted or is there no list shown?
Is there a way to hide the prices and Add to cart button from unregistered users through the template override (views => productdetails => default.php)?

Gary

bytelord

Hi Gary,

You could simply do not show prices for anonymous users (unregistered users). Go to BE -> Orders & Shoppers -> edit -anonymous- group and unchecked the show prices ...
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Gary

Thanks for your reply.

Are you using VM2? Anonymous, by defauly, doesnt have the display prices option ticked, so realistically no prices should show to unregistered users?

Gary

jenkinhill

In VM 2.0.9b you select Enable shoppergroup specific price display

With Show Prices unselected you then show no prices to unregistered vistors.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gary

Thanks for your reply.

Where is shoppergroup specific price display ?  I cant see it.

Thanks

Gary