News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Price per Shoppers Groups

Started by hugopt, December 12, 2011, 16:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fintan

I guess we're still in the same boat. I am considering moving to a different shop. my client is willing to pay, so.....

DG

The first post in this particular thread was in December 2011.
Would someone please let us know if this is indeed going to be a feature?  If so, please suggest a time frame for completion.
We need to be able to advise our clients if they're wasting their time waiting so that we can all move on, if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

carbon

After trying countless ways to get a -% discount for a shopper group (wholesale) to work I've found it doesn't appear to be possible to do.
I can get all shopper groups to get the discount that should only apply to the wholesale group, which of course I don't want. I'm not going to clone every product to workaround this.

I've searched and read through this forum and only seen people not being able to make this work correctly.

If I could help fix this I would, but I'm not a developer, just a user
It would be helpful if someone from the development team confirmed that this isn't working (yet?)

VM 2.0.8e
Joomla Version 1.5.25

Master_gray

Hi

now you want 3 different prices for 3 different shopper groups.

what i do is,
1)set up your products with all 3 groups selected.
2)then make a rule for each of the groups you have and set up the amount of profit you want for the specified group.
3)in that rule only select the specified group to be able to see the price.

once all the rules are made only the specified shopper group can see the price(when you make a rule don't select more the one group to be able to see the rule)
you set up the amount of profit you want for the specified group in the Rules so only they can see it.

(A side note for noobes)when you make a new rule make sure you select all categories for all your products to show the right price on all of the products.

have a gate day to all.

metapps

Hi All I needed this feature

So I built it as a VM Joomla plugin as well as 1 change to the core unfortunately I could not see any way around it.

Any how it works like so

On the products detail tab, all shopper groups are listed in a new area, there is then an input box to add a specific price for each group, this uses the existing vm product_price table, so no changes to the DB are required. Hitting save then add the prices, removing the price from the input deletes the price.

When a user then logs with a shopper group which has a specific price attached, they are then shown the required price.

Any one interested please PM me, If there is enough demand Id ask the VM team to contact me, so the updated code could hopefully become core, it is only a small change which does have any knock on effects else where

Many thanks

Ryan
Web Developer available for hire PM me!
www.metapps.co.uk

sadrem

Can You share the code? Does this change requires code specific knowledge?
p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

headingwest

Yes please, can you share the solution.

metapps

This basically just checks to see if there is a specific shopper group price, if there is it uses that price, failing that it falls back to the default method, the VM team, will know if there is a better way of achieving the same effect, this works for now and seems fairly stable, I will attach the plugin later, which then gives the new  admin section, to actually create the shopper groups prices later today.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
www.metapps.co.uk

sadrem

Hello,
Thank You with sharing but what to do with this file?

metapps

Well once I upload the joomla plugin you would install the plugin,then overwrite administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php , however I would rather it be in core, to save having to update the file every time, but should hopefully be fine for a temp basis.

I have attached an image to give an heads up for what to expect!

[attachment cleanup by admin]
www.metapps.co.uk

sadrem

OK. As I understand We need to replace original product file  to new one.
And after that install some plugin?

metapps

Yes, I am just testing it out as I also use the stackable plugin, this needed a small change also, to then work with the shopper groups child products may have
www.metapps.co.uk

sadrem

Quote from: metapps on July 31, 2012, 13:21:18 PM
Well once I upload the joomla plugin you would install the plugin,then overwrite administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php , however I would rather it be in core, to save having to update the file every time, but should hopefully be fine for a temp basis.

I have attached an image to give an heads up for what to expect!

Where We may download the plugin?

ileston

Hi!

If I understood correctly, metapps, you have written a plugin for this, and you replace the administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/products.php file AFTER installing your plugin. Right?

I tried first just to replace products.php with the one that you posted on July 31st, but it crashes: Call to undefined method VirtueMartModelProduct::checkFilterOrder()

Are you going to post your plugin? I've been fighting with this issue for two weeks, and it's killing me.

Thanks in advance.

metapps

Yeah using the file alone will not work, plus that file was for 2.0.8c i think, I applied the update to version now, I will get the plugin zipped up ready for people to test, seems stable now, I have it working with stockable plugin, ajax prices update to the correct, shopper group price which is pretty cool
www.metapps.co.uk