News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Price per Shoppers Groups

Started by hugopt, December 12, 2011, 16:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Try it. I do not require stock control so have not tested that function.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jux

yes but if you need a stock control, why removing this feature from VM1 to VM2?

it is crucial for shop owner that have multy category shopper?

sadrem

p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

statman24

Yes, I agree.  I have a customer unable to upgrade to VM2 until this is implemented.

Not a plugin expert, otherwise I'd write something myself.

Anyone for hire? :-)

Fintan

I agree with the need (re-need?) for this feature. Cloning 300 products 3 times is very cumbersome, to say the least. especially when you have a new product list every quarter.

jux

any idea when new realease willl fix this issue?

ppa

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 07, 2012, 00:08:38 AM
Clone product then select Shopper Group for the clone & set the price. That's what I have used.

jenkinhill, thanks for the tutorial about how to set up the prices. I am new to this I have two questions for you. 1. what do you mean when you say "clone". Do you just create another item in the product list but with a different price? 2. I have added different shopping groups, but I am unclear as to how to add members to each grouping. I am using Joomla and VirtueMart and they have been very good so far-I just need to get used to using them!

Thanks!

jux

any news of an updated of VM2? that will integrate this feature?

jux

up?
any ideas guys? I am stuck to upgrade to VM2.0 because of this missing feature :(

bizblog

Good day
Joomla 1.7.4
VM 2.0.0
Very interesting topic - Can I ask jenkinhill to please assist with this one..and please give as more details on this or point us to an tutorial for VM 2 on this subject?
I have the same issue
I have 3 shopper groups?
I want to add prices for a product to each different group?
How would I do this in VM 2.0.0
Please correct me if I am wrong but it does not seem like VM 2.0.0 supports this?

Thank you

Fintan

baggiesmad

Definitely a must have feature

BramNL

Found this thread through Google, was looking for Prices per Shoppers Group.

Are there any pans on implementing this feature for 2.0.x? I want to be able to spicify special prices for seperate shoppers groups (like everyone in this thread, I guess).

Thanks in advance.

DG

I was informed recently that perhaps trying the 2.0.7c version of VM (in beta) might solve this problem. 
I haven't been able to get it to work, myself. 
J 2.5.4/ VM 2.0.7c (doesn't work in 2.0.6)

Still in limbo... client frying because they're not making money online (their main income) through the inability to satisfy wholesale clients.
I've been trying any work-around for a few weeks to no avail.  Client doesn't want double products to have to admin'... there are a lot of products.

Really hoping the team can pull together the final piece of code that does something like tie the created 'shopper group' to the 'calculated results', having the results actually 'showing' for each shopper group when they're logged in - and that all shopper group calculations/results become a real conversion at checkout.  ie: No point being logged in as a wholesaler if they can't get the discount.   ;)

I don't sweat it often... but if I'm asked to find an alternative for a platform that has served so well up until this recent... sorry, have to call it  an 'issue'... I have no idea what this lady will be able to use to replace VM. 

Go "The Team"!... you can do it! (*anxiously dabs brow  :))

If anyone has any suggestions... feel free.

I was informed recently that perhaps trying the 2.0.7c version of VM (in beta) might solve this problem. 
It works! 
J 2.5.4/ VM 2.0.7c

I'm working with "%" discount, so this is how it worked for me.

Create shopper group:
Add your shopper group name and description (don't forget to publish)
In Show Following prices, I have ticked
- Enable shoppergroup specific price display & Show Prices
and the following Show Price & Show Label boxes:
- Baseprice with Tax, but without discounts, Discounted Price without tax, Final salesprice, Tax amount
(Your choices may be different)
SAVE

Create shopper group calculations:
Go to Products > Tax & Calculation Rule Details
Add Name/ Rule - and select 'Price modifier before tax' as the Type of Arithmetic Operation
Math Operation: -%
Value: 50.0000 (eg.)
Currency: Select you own
Product Category:  We selected all.
Shopper Group: Your selection from the Shopper Group you already created ( )
State/Region: Obvious
Visible for Shopper: yes
Visible for Vendor: yes
Start date: yesterday
End date: never
Vendor: Yours
Publish and Save.

Go to your Products and edit each product.
In Product Information, look for 'Pricing rules overrides' and click inside the 'Discount Type' input box to select your Shopper Group which should be visible if you've created it and published it.
Check the front end as a general registered user, as well as a 'shopper group' user to see the results.
You can take it from there.  ;D

I hope this helps someone else.
Cheers... off to update some products ;)

EDIT: Back again. Nearly...  Not quite. 
After logging in as a registered user in the default group, the discount allocated for the other shopper group is given at 'add to cart'.
The 'discount type' on the product works across the board - you're not able to differentiate between the shopper groups. 
A couple of additional options required here unless someone can explain it.
If you work this one out, or have an answer... can you get back to me?

:) Thanks

london

Has there been anything further on this?  I need to have different prices for different shopper groups, just as there were different price lists for different shopper groups in VM1.  This was a fantastic feature and a must for anyone selling to multiple types of people.  I have tried to use the calculation rule, thinking this was what was going to work.  I have setup a rule with 50% off for wholesale customers but the issue is that this 50% off price is showing to ALL customers (logged in or not). 

I have at minimum 3 different price lists with 500 items (not a huge amount but enough to make manual edits time consuming).  I don't want to have to clone each item to have 3 of the same, just to have different prices for different shoppers.

Does anyone have this working successfully without cloning?

Any help would be most appreciated.