News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

shipping methods zero value release RC3 -i

Started by bunglehaze, December 12, 2011, 01:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

I have tried to setup shipping - VM Shipment on my install but when i fill in all the details I save the page and it returns blank again with all the settings lost. If I choose the VM Shipper instead I can fill out the details but going through the checkout none of the values for the shipping costs are applied. No error messages are thrown up during the process on the backend but frontend during checkout I get:

Notice: Undefined property: TablePaymentmethods::$cost in /var/www/vhosts/coralsaquaticsmailorder.com/httpdocs/plugins/vmpayment/standard/standard.php on line 111

bunglehaze

Just had something even more odd happen during the same process. after trying to imput different weight and shipping costs I switched it all back to VM shipper, added new details and now it looks as though the price has set - but at a combined value of all the ones I set previously: ie I wanted 25 to 650 kilograms @ 11.99 and it shows on the frontend as 299.75. I cannot see where this would be occuring though

Aliciah85

I am also having the same issue that the shippimg method is saving, but the configuration is emptying on save so there are no details.

same for payment method (paypal)!

bunglehaze

Just updated to release J and the same thing is happening. now if I go into the orders I am seeing an error message relating to shipping (if it is any help)

SELECT * FROM `#__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` WHERE `virtuemart_order_id` = 10

alatak

Hi,

QuoteIf I choose the VM Shipper instead I can fill out the details but going through the checkout none of the values for the shipping costs are applied.
VMshipper is the old plugin. You should remove it from your database.

QuoteI have tried to setup shipping - VM Shipment on my install but when i fill in all the details I save the page and it returns blank again with all the settings lost.
I don't know exactly why. But i have change the tables between releases, so it is probably better to delete the tables in the database:
- #__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries
- #__virtuemart_payment_plg_paypal
- #__virtuemart_payment_plg_standard

They will be recreated automatically when creating a shipment method, or a payment method.

QuoteJust had something even more odd happen during the same process. after trying to imput different weight and shipping costs I switched it all back to VM shipper, added new details and now it looks as though the price has set - but at a combined value of all the ones I set previously: ie I wanted 25 to 650 kilograms @ 11.99 and it shows on the frontend as 299.75. I cannot see where this would be occuring though
VMshipper should be removed.

bunglehaze

Alatak, I have tried removing the tables as well as some others that appeared to contain the data from one of the earlier releases, I deleted a load of shipping tables then because the tables did not exist got error messages in the backend. I reinstalled release J again to add them back and my shipping costs are back to showing zero values again in shipment when I fill it all out and hit save. Looking further into it it appears the shipment plugin did not install the files correctly for some reason so I am manually uploading them now to see if it changes.

** Adding findings.

Shipment values are now sticking in the database but the actual amount of the shipping is still way out. Just looking quickly at the amounts given it would seem that the amount set in lowest weight is being multiplied by the amount set in shipment cost - ie : 11.99 shipping rate with a minimum of 25 kilograms shows up as 299.75 in the frontend

alatak

Hi,
QuoteJust updated to release J and the same thing is happening. now if I go into the orders I am seeing an error message relating to shipping (if it is any help)

Code: [Select]

SELECT * FROM `#__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` WHERE `virtuemart_order_id` = 10
I found that problem. I was looking in the back office, but is in the FE that it appears.
Fixed.

Quote. Looking further into it it appears the shipment plugin did not install the files correctly for some reason so I am manually uploading them now to see if it changes.
humm.. in Joomla 1.7?

QuoteShipment values are now sticking in the database but the actual amount of the shipping is still way out. Just looking quickly at the amounts given it would seem that the amount set in lowest weight is being multiplied by the amount set in shipment cost - ie : 11.99 shipping rate with a minimum of 25 kilograms shows up as 299.75 in the frontend
checking that.

bunglehaze

Yes J1.7 - I manually added the files and language and the shipping now works so it looks as though the files did not get to the server correctly.

I found a workaround for the shipping cost and that is just to fill in the total value of the shipping in the package fee area which sets the value I set and does not multiply by the lowest weight however:

I placed an order and went into the backend to find the orders had not gone into the database correctly:

QuoteSELECT * FROM `#__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` WHERE `virtuemart_order_id` = 16 Table 'altrinchamcoralandaq_dbquick.cora_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM `cora_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` WHERE `virtuemart_order_id` = 16

bunglehaze

One more thing, since I removed those tables I can no longer choose a currency in the paypal payment configuration despite only british pound being active, when payments go over to PayPal they default through to USD which is obviously no good.

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI found a workaround for the shipping cost and that is just to fill in the total value of the shipping in the package fee area which sets the value I set and does not multiply by the lowest weight however:

found the problem.

QuoteI placed an order and went into the backend to find the orders had not gone into the database correctly:

SELECT * FROM `#__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` WHERE `virtuemart_order_id` = 16 Table 'altrinchamcoralandaq_dbquick.cora_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM `cora_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` WHERE `virtuemart_order_id` = 16
I cannot reproduce this problem.

alatak

Hi,

QuoteOne more thing, since I removed those tables I can no longer choose a currency in the paypal payment configuration despite only british pound being active, when payments go over to PayPal they default through to USD which is obviously no good.
Txs for reporting. Fixed.

kpg

I have the same issue about the shipmentmethode. When i ad a value for the shipment it shows 0.00 as the fee.

RC3 J Version on Joomla 1.7 and J1.6

Thanks for the fix.

bunglehaze

Quote from: alatak on December 12, 2011, 16:54:44 PM
Hi,

QuoteOne more thing, since I removed those tables I can no longer choose a currency in the paypal payment configuration despite only british pound being active, when payments go over to PayPal they default through to USD which is obviously no good.
Txs for reporting. Fixed.

No problem, glad to be able to help

bunglehaze

Alatak, any idea when the K release will be uploaded? Or if the code changes were minimal for the fixes any chance of posting it up so I can test please?

ingnino

alatak, I have the same problem with my vmshipment plugin ( I mean that when I create a shipment option the values written are automatically deleted just after save changes). I have jommla 1.5 and virtuemart 2.0.0.(and this is my only version of virtuemart I did't update it cause I download the lates version) I dont know to much about programming, but I have a component called "extplorer" which I know how to use and I was wondering if it's possible to change a line or some lines in one of those php or html files to solve this problem. In positive case could you write the name of that or those files and the lines to change and the code or codes, if it's possible, please.  :'(

I will really appreciate it.