News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Products listing Filter not saved

Started by Elnino, December 08, 2011, 18:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elnino

Not really a bug but that would be a useful feature: right now the filter used on the listing product in the VM2 admin is never saved. It means that if you work on a specific product category for example you have to select it again and again everytime after having saved a product you were working on.

Everytime you go back to the product listing page the filter disappears and you have to select it again and then reload the page.

It is not super efficient.

Cheers.

balai

Nice tip

That means that the filters are not stored in the session

Elnino

Running VM2.0.0 final.

I thought this development would have been done for the final version ... I think it's super important to manage your product in an efficient way! Right now the filter is reset every time your refresh the page, it is really really annoying.

Cheers.

Studio 42

Problem, is to manage right the session when you have such values.

Some values are used in multiple views and getting the same value from the session can give some strange filter and at end a false render with nothing in the list.

Elnino

Hi Electrocity,

I understand your point but there should be a solution. When working with the core joomla interface, your filter is saved in your articles or modules listing for instance. There should be a way to have something similar in VM2 as it's really a pain to have to select the category filter or retype the "free string" filter over and over again each time you go back to the product listing.

Cheers

Ilovemovies

I was just wondering if someone has an update on that as I'd love to be able to keep the product filter saved as well!

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Yes ! The priorty to solve this is now higher than before and one young promising developer is now only working on this :-)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member