News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No Sure If Bug or oversight.. Taxes not being applied

Started by sticcino1, December 12, 2011, 00:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticcino1

Ok i figured it out.....

I changed the end date to something in the future....

DEV TEAM: - i would set the end date to infinite by default and let the user change if they require something other date.

Hello,

Joomla: 1.7.3
VM: com_virtuemart2.0.0_RC3_Pre_i.zip
Test Site: http://pcpartsnow.davenportgroup.ca
Test Product: 009E48440 (it has stock and a price...) OR the default Test products that come with VM.

Seemed to have gotten the system stabilized, everything is showing up now.

Just want to confirm if this is a bug or maybe something is not setup correctly in my tables:

I had to do a manual import of data from an existing system over to VM for a demo (288 categories, 48,000+ Products !!!), i have everything uploaded and VM is showing the products correctly with the additional sub-table data (mfg's, categories, etc...).

I have all the show price fields selected in the config, but if you look at the site, it only displays, for example "nice saw" :
Price:
Base price: $24.99
Base price for variant: $24.99
Sales price: $24.99
Sales price without tax: $24.99

taxes, and the other display fields are not showing up. (this is true even for the sample data....)

in virtuemart_calcs table, I have an entry for  tax with calc_id 1 with Vendor ID 1. My products are assigned vendor Id 1

If I look at the product in VM admin, the TAX field has "apply default rules" -- Tax Affecting: has nothing listed next to it
discount field has "apply generic rules"...... also i'm not sure what the value of "apply default rule is"..

Im not sure if i missed creating links in a table, but everything seems to look ok

can anyone shed some light into which tables i may have missed.
So to summarize, my products are not being affected my the tax or discount objects.

/*** EDIT ****/

added a new item through the VM system and discounts and taxes are not being applied with the item on the products page.

/************/

Thanks,
Johnny

Milbo

It is not possible atm to import the old taxes.

However the new system allows to setup your taxes very fast.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sticcino1

Hello Milbo,

i don't want to import the old taxes, what i meant was that the taxes/discounts are not being applied to any of my products. so if you look at a product or add it to the cart, you will notice that no taxes are applied.

is there anything I should look at in the tables?, I have set every product to use my HST 13% tax calc, and still no taxes are displayed.

Thanks,
Johnny

PRO

could it be a shopper group setting in the calculation rules?

Milbo

Quote from: sticcino1 on December 12, 2011, 00:40:08 AM
I had to do a manual import of data from an existing system over to VM for a demo (288 categories, 48,000+ Products !!!), i have everything uploaded and VM is showing the products correctly with the additional sub-table data (mfg's, categories, etc...).

Wow, nice :-) . Hmm but strange tax problem.

Apply default rule means that the normal rules are taken. But the rules depend on different things, time, shoppergroups, category and more.

Maybe your version has the little date bug. Take a look on the date when the rule should be unpublished, maybe it is set to yesterday (yes we changed that already).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member