News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Testing Multilanguage features (WIP)

Started by jjk, November 17, 2011, 12:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk

Joomla 1.7.3/VM2 SVN revision 4734

I know it's not completed yet, but I couldn't resist to update to revision 4734 in order to see which parts of the brand new multilanguage features are already working.  ;D

Updating the tables seems to be ok, although VMDebug complained about a few things. Now I wonder what would be the best way to continue with assigning the existing data to the correct language.

I'm using the Joomla1.7.3/VM2 SVN backend in english, but my Joomla default site language ist set to de-DE and all VM2 product descriptions are currently available in german only. Updating the tables to the current SVN version placed all products in the en-GB table and I'm able to assign en-GB in the product description language selector. But I'm unable to assign the correct german de-DE tag from the selection drop down. If I try, VM2 says "Invalid language! de-DE".

Am I correct, that copying the products from the en-GB table to the currently still empty de-DE table would solve this problem?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jjk

Joomla 1.7.3/VM2 revision 4760

A few things not yet working when testing the new multilanguage features:

Site language ist set to german. Second language is english.
1. when switching 'Product Information' to english, the 'Short Description' (translation) is saved upon clicking "Save", but 'Product Description' (translation) is not saved.
2. After clicking on 'Save' in the (translation) 'Product Description' tab, the page currently automatically goes back to the default site language 'Product Information' tab.

At the end of VMDebug Info it displays these lines after clicking on 'Save':

vmdebug vmTime: Start with categoryListTree starting 1321638343.6367
vmdebug checkValidOrderingField:VirtueMartModelCategory programmer choosed invalid ordering l.category_name, use c.virtuemart_category_id
vmdebug checkValidOrderingField:VirtueMartModelCategory programmer choosed invalid ordering l.category_name, use c.virtuemart_category_id
vmdebug vmTime: end loop categoryListTree 2 time consumed 0.12836813926697
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

bemos

Hi
I installed com_virtuemart2.0.0_RC3_Pre_i to check how to handle VM2 with two language. i see there is are new tables like # _virtuemart_products_de_de. I can't find where to insert product information in second language. how can i switch from German (DE-CH-AT) to my second language in VM Backend com_virtuemart&view=product&task=edit

How can i handle insert description in different language ?

bemos

ups sorry found ... have to select both lang in VM configuration first... now there is drop down to switch .. cool  8)
vm2 makes me day by day more happy  :D :D and i like to say many thanks to developers !!