News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

problem with release RC3_Pre_h currencydisplay.php

Started by mabeall32, December 09, 2011, 20:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabeall32

having problem with below.  cannot pull up site.  what do I need to do?
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in C:\www\matlinmfg\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\currencydisplay.php on line 96
after removing featured products from home page it went away.  but having problems with router.php on line 84 problem again.

Milbo

Quote from: mabeall32 on December 09, 2011, 20:03:38 PM
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in C:\www\matlinmfg\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\currencydisplay.php on line 96

Do you have this error also in the I version?

Quote from: mabeall32 on December 09, 2011, 20:03:38 PM
but having problems with router.php on line 84 problem again.[/i]

Maybe it is your config file. There is a default config file virtuemart_defaults.cfg-dist, this file holds the default values and gets updated. But vm2 is taking the information from the virtuemart.cfg. This file is when needed autogenerated. So when you use the tools to refresh your installation, you use the values of the old config file. So your problem with the router appears again. Just delete it and do then refresh config.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mabeall32

I cannot update to release I .   I keep getting the following error
"There was an error uploading this file to the server."
on release h after rebuilding the config file, the router.php problem has cleared up now
the module for featured products still gives me

PRO

Quote from: mabeall32 on December 10, 2011, 13:00:42 PM
I cannot update to release I .   I keep getting the following error
"There was an error uploading this file to the server."
on release h after rebuilding the config file, the router.php problem has cleared up now
the module for featured products still gives me

If you have an older version of modules or plugins, this can cause errors. There have been problems with the update of modules and plugins.

So, what I do is uninstall the modules, and then reinstall. The same with the plugins

Milbo

The problem with the update is cleared. The aio should update and it is imho not needed to uninstall them.

The other problem is that the installer is bigger than 2 mb, I did not found yet, why the size increased by 100 kb. There is a workaround described here http://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-gallery-component/438-cannot-find-joomla-xml-setup-file
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bunglehaze

I had the same error even after uninstalling the old AIO then installing the new version, for me it seems to be triggered by the old template override which was from version G. I removed the override and the error vanished. The odd thing for me is that the only changes I made to the old template was a little inline padding and margin.

PRO

Quote from: bunglehaze on December 10, 2011, 14:45:57 PM
I had the same error even after uninstalling the old AIO then installing the new version, for me it seems to be triggered by the old template override which was from version G. I removed the override and the error vanished. The odd thing for me is that the only changes I made to the old template was a little inline padding and margin.

The file itself could have changed, a variable etc.

Thats why it happened.

Milbo

Please try the attached file, rename the .txt to .php and overwrite the old one in BE/helpers (administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers).

[attachment cleanup by admin]