News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problem with 3 languages site

Started by lipi, December 10, 2011, 17:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipi

Hello all,

I have 3 languages for my site. My main language for the front side is Catalan. For the backend, English. The third lang. is Spanish.

I started to work with Virtuemart when I had only English for front and back side installed.

I use Languge Switcher, and Language filtering system. Joomla 1.7.3 and VM 2.0.0RC3.

The problem is that now, since I switch to Catalan for my front side, VirtueMart doesn't show any category or product, neither shop name, terms and conditions, etc. Ok, I understand that I have to re-write all of these stuff, but, when I try, the changes does not being saved. I try to create new categories, products, shop name, etc. and whenever I click on Save, all seems to be OK but the fields that I fill become blank.

I have to say that my Catalan language pack doesn't have a back-side translation yet, neither a virtuemart translation, but I copied and renamed the spanish translation of vrituemart and copied it into joomla language folder.

If I set English or spanish as a default language, all goes well.

I am not able to see why it fails. Could somebody take me a hand?

Thank you

PD:
When I go to create a new Product Category, in the Product Category Form this error appears:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/lipix.ciutadella.es/joomla17/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctions.php on line 927
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/lipix.ciutadella.es/joomla17/libraries/joomla/html/html/select.php on line 536

jjk

As a start to find out what is wrong, you may have a look at this Joomla language tutorial http://help.joomla.org/files/EN-GB_multilang_tutorial.pdf and follow the instructions from page 40 and following - just to see if Joomla detects any language setting errors.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations