News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2 display bug with Rockettheme templates

Started by novanexis, December 10, 2011, 15:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novanexis

I am not a frequent user or contributor to VM or even VM2 for that matter. But I wanted to try it out and see if VM2 would provide me with the features I am seeking.

I installed the latest development release of VM2, loaded the "filler" or demo content as to populate the extension with some information so I could see what it looks like and then proceeded to click on the associated menu link. All that returned was just a blank black screen (my background colour) and my menu at the top as usual. I googled and look throughout your forums and made sure certain values were properly set and also nabbed some error information.

----- ERROR LOG --------

[28-Nov-2011 15:52:44] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cli/public_html/curvelake/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_categories.php on line 10
[28-Nov-2011 15:52:44] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cli/public_html/curvelake/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_categories.php on line 34
[28-Nov-2011 15:57:23] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cli/public_html/curvelake/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_categories.php on line 10
[28-Nov-2011 15:57:23] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cli/public_html/curvelake/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_categories.php on line 34
[28-Nov-2011 16:51:16] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cli/public_html/curvelake/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_categories.php on line 10
[28-Nov-2011 16:51:16] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cli/public_html/curvelake/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_categories.php on line 34
[28-Nov-2011 16:51:16] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cli/public_html/curvelake/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_categories.php on line 34

Now I found this error code in a few posts and nabbed the updated files but it didnt change anything (my category values were all "3" not "0" so I did not see why this error would be occurring). I then did a little bit of troubleshooting myself by changing the template the menu link uses to one of the default joomla templates, aside from it looking plain VM2 appeared to display properly and thusly I concluded that there was some sort of conflict between my rockettheme templates (I had tried using both modulus and reflex). Currently my template setting for VM2 is the "Beez5 - Default" which seems to allow VM2 to display as I would expect is intended.

I am a fairly busy person with other obligations that occupy my time, but if you require more information I will attempt to do my best to facilitate them. I am sure if you possess a copy of one of these templates and utilize you too should be able to reproduce the issue. It is my hope to make what little contribution I can to your great project and ensure the elimination of issues such as this, I would imagine some users/developers utilize a rockettheme template like myself.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this issue.

Kind Regards,

Will Quinton

fxa.net.au

Under Tool, run "Renew config by file"

That should fix it. :D

novanexis

I have numerous times but I see an update was released so I will update it, and all that jazz.

novanexis

No change to my current predicament with the updates and the suggestion.

trevorsm

I am using the final release VM2 with Joomla 1.7.3 and the 'Radiance' Rockettheme template and all seems OK except for a few problems that I have reported here but are not related to the template.
I have not seen the errors you have reported above.

novanexis

I am using the modulus with all up to date software such as Joomla, PHP, MySQL, etc. as well as the latest release of VM2. I will re-attempt at a later date to uninstall and reinstall the component again for the fifth time. But as I am experiencing this issue on 2 templates and all seems to run fine on a default template from Joomla I am theorizing an issue with those 2 templates. Perhaps something in Radiance is different vs the other 2 Rockettheme templates I am using. But if someone can give me a valid reason why this is happening and a solution after running an experiment to meet my given variables I find any other responses to my topic to be less than assisting.

- I am hosted on HostGator Unlimited Package
- All systems, components, etc are up to date
- I have installed Joomla, Jomsocial, Kunena and setup my content for my site prior to installing VM2
- I have given it its own menu link and it has used both the Reflex template and Modulus template from Rockettheme with no results loading.
- I have loaded it relatively fine via a default template from Joomla (Beez5)

Again I would only ask for productive and helpful replies rather than people saying "Doesnt happen to me", as that does not solve my issue and does not offer constructive assistance in resolving my issue. I look forward to support sometime in the near future hopefully.

jenkinhill

Most likely reason for template related display issues is JavaScript conflicts. Milbo has put this on the Wiki: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/General_JS-Problems_with_templates_and_jQuery
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

trevorsm

I have just loaded Modulus onto my site and it works OK but I don't use Kunena or JomSocial.

AmStaF

"Division by zero in  ... /tmpl/default_categories.php on line 10"

Host, template or vm/j-version are not the case.

In line 10 there is a statement: $category_cellwidth = ' width'.floor ( 100 / $categories_per_row )

This way PHP raises error when $categories_per_row is null (division by zero).

So look in BE configuration panel -> template: what is the number of categories per row? maybe it`s the case ...

novanexis

Thank you for the posts, I will look into the suggestions within the next month or so and report back when I have. Cheers.

novanexis

Quote from: novanexis on December 26, 2011, 20:24:19 PM
Thank you for the posts, I will look into the suggestions within the next month or so and report back when I have. Cheers.

I fixed that a while ago and they are all set to "3"

mfuller526

OMG! It worked.

VM > configuration > Shop tab > enable database Update tools

VM Tools > Tools & Migration > Renew VM config by file

Joomla site > Maintenance > clear cache (remove VM) > purge expired cache

Clear your browser cache too

Thank you fxa.net.au!!! ;D
Reflex 1.6.7, Gantry Template v3.2.22, Gantry v4.1.2, Joomla! 2.5.8, PHP 5.3.18, Apache.
Joomla! 2.5.28, PHP 5.4.36,  MoWebSo3.2.19

mfuller526

I am noticing some problems with RokBooster breaking VM pages. I'll post info when obtained.
Joomla! 2.5.28, PHP 5.4.36,  MoWebSo3.2.19