Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[solved] Search module fatal error

Started by nflmerch, December 10, 2011, 00:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nflmerch

RC3 version H
j1.7
I Uninstalled all plugins and modules and the AIO installer before upgrading.

The Search module does not work.
Most of the time it just goes to my shop's main category page with no search query or result shown.

One time, I got the following error when searching:
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\new\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\currencydisplay.php on line 96

nflmerch

I just noticed the fatal error with currencydisplay.php is NOT specific to the search query.  It happens alot.

But the search module not showing any results still holds true

nflmerch

RC3 version J does the same thing, except now on line 98

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\new\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\currencydisplay.php on line 98

bunglehaze

If you are using any product modules turn the price on, for some reason i am getting the same when price is turned off.

nflmerch

Thanks bunglehaze, you are correct.  Unfortunately I don't want the price listed in the module, so I'll just wait until that's fixed.

I also tried the currencydisplay.php file that Milbo suggested here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94717.msg310902#msg310902
But that gave me even more errors and problems.

Either way, even if I turn on the price in the product module, the Search Module does not show any search results.   :-*

bunglehaze

create an override of the template default.php and strip out the price sections, see if that works.

nflmerch

Actually, I just noticed that when I turn on the Product Module price, it doesn't show up anyway, seems like another bug.

Now that we know what the problem is, I could hack the code myself, but since I'm still just testing a demo shop, I shall wait til it's all fixed.

Now on to the Search query not producing any results...

bunglehaze

can't help with that one, sorry. My install searches fine - check the plugins folder to make sure all the files uploaded properly, I found one earlier that hadn't

nflmerch

I already deleted all the plugins, modules, and AIO installer, but I'm trying again now.

It always gives me this error when uninstalling the plugins:
And then it will not uninstall the VMSHIPMENT_WEIGHT_COUNTRIES plugin

Failed deleting en-GB.plg_search_virtuemart.ini
Failed to delete C:\inetpub\wwwroot\new/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_search_virtuemart.ini
Failed deleting fr-FR.plg_search_virtuemart.ini
Failed to delete C:\inetpub\wwwroot\new/administrator/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.plg_search_virtuemart.ini
Failed deleting en-GB.plg_vmcustom_specification.ini
Failed to delete C:\inetpub\wwwroot\new/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmcustom_specification.ini
Failed deleting fr-FR.plg_vmcustom_specification.ini
Failed to delete C:\inetpub\wwwroot\new/administrator/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.plg_vmcustom_specification.ini
Failed deleting fr-FR.plg_vmcustom_textinput.ini
Failed to delete C:\inetpub\wwwroot\new/administrator/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.plg_vmcustom_textinput.ini
Plugin Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found.

bunglehaze

manually delete the files IMO. I have had loads of problems uploading and deleting modules and plugin and the only way around it was to set chmod to 777 for all files and directories.

nflmerch

I was able to delete everything manually AFAIK but no luck with the search results yet.

nflmerch

FYI, my issue with no search results remains with RC3 K

Milbo

You must go in your config, set the new ordering and store it one time.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nflmerch

Thanks Milbo, that did work!

I already had some boxes checked off, but I had to check and uncheck some and save again for it to work.