News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

New Joomla site with VM?

Started by bilba, December 08, 2011, 21:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilba

Hi,

I'm helping a client with a Joomla installation, and this customer wants a shopping cart function as well. I've been installing Joomla sites for a while, but it's been a while since installing a ecommerce site. I remember VM from the J1.0 days, and would like to install this again, as the component was then brilliant and not least the forum here was very helpful and active. I can see that this is still the case!! :)

So my question is :

Would you have installed J1.7 and VM2 for a complete new ecommerce site? It's not a big site.

I'll appriciate all suggestions and comments!

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understands binary and those who don't! | Malmstein.No | New link exchange network - http://www.receivelinks.com/?a=21

PRO

Yes, 2.0 is not completely final though, but very soon. It will take some learning

ninad_jad

yes you can go with 1.9.8 or 2.0 version if your requirement is simple, the general shopping cart functions are ready to use in these versions, i am using this for my live sites, only thing is their are no 3rd party modules/plugins available to support latest versions. so check out your requirement and then decide.

regards,

roccodwayne

any new version had out for joomla