News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Remove prices in order and just email the order

Started by ramrajone, December 31, 2011, 20:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramrajone

Hi,  Is anyone have setup the VirtueMart 2 as just online Mart an option to order sent to e-mail ONLY.  I don't want to show prices, just list of items users added to cart and send e-mail to owner.

Maybe later on we can use the buy online option, but for now only use this as online catalog to view items and add to cart and send order to store via e-mail
Please help if anyone have any idea if this is possible or I should try something else.  Thank you in advance for your help

yohio

Hey there,

In the email body itself all you need to do is change the mail_raw_ or mail_HTML_ according to what you chose in the system itself.
the files are located withing /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl.
find and comment out the lines with bill total, prices or anything else that resembles that..
if you find a way to change the subject part, that's what i got stuck on.. if anyone knows how to modify the mail subject to not show prices, I'd love to get notified.
my email is Yohai.Ararat@gmail.com

Hope it helps ;D
http://www.buildweb.com

yohio

I got an update,
I'm glad to say I finally found it.

withing /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/view.HTML.php
there is a line with "      $cart->prepareMailData(); " (somewhere at line ~160)
under that one there are two lines, one for vendor subject, and the other for the shopper.
you can remove the prices there as well, and also change the rest of the items shown in the subject.

A note for the VirtueMart Dev team, you have made a mistake, at those lines the $this->shopperName is not located in the right position, it puts the name of the shop for the shopper subject and the name of the shopper name for the vendor's one, just a note that you can check.

PRO

why not edit
mail_html_pricelist

or
mail_raw_pricelist

yohio

because the prices are also shown in the subject of the mail, and the only way i found was in the view.html.php file within the cart.

Besides that all the other prices from the body of the mail should be modified throught the mail_html/raw files.