News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot find store setup

Started by tthdoc, December 07, 2011, 18:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tthdoc

I just installed the latest version VM2 for a new site I am putting together on Joomla 1.7.  I am trying to set the site up and noticed when I was adding a product it showed United Kingdom and I am in the United States.  So I searched how to change it and it says change the location of the store.  Easy enough.  The only problem is I looked and every tab and menu, and cannot find the store anywhere.  I looked under Shop/Shop and all I see is Vendor information.  Am I just overlooking something?

And I looked at the Control Panel and there is no Edit Store button like I recall in an older version I had used..

Thanks,
Doc

PRO

look in shoppers, and change YOUR info

tthdoc

Ok, went to Orders & Shoppers/Shoppers.  There is one shopper listed, admin.  I see Vendor, Additional Information, , and General User Information Tabs.  Under additional informations it has all of the correct information for name , address, etc.  I don't see anywhere it says United Kingdom.  Still lost...

Thanks,
Doc

PRO

configuration in left menu
"Countries"

You can disable them all except yours

tthdoc

All are unpublished except United States.  But I think we must be on different tracks.  If I go to the menu on the left under Shop, then click Shop, the page has a box on the left for Vendor Information.   Right above that is a UK flag and it says English(United Kingdom).  This is what I want to know how to change.  Should have US flag, correct?  In the old version there was a page for your store.  It is not in this version.  Does this help clarify?

Thanks,
Doc

PRO

THATS the language.

Vmart 2.0 can have multiple languages per product.

THATS not a problem. If you have spanish enabled too. You would see a dropdown on the product to edit the spanish one.

tthdoc

I am not talking about a dropdown box for languages.  Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

thats the same. If you had multi languages enabled, you would see a dropdown for different vendor descriptions.

tthdoc

Ok, I must really be missing something.  First, if I only have United States enabled as a country, why does it say United Kingdom?  Second, I went back to countries and enabled Spain since you said "If you have spanish enabled too, you would see a dropdown on the product to edit the spanish one."  So now I have United States and Spain (obviously different languages).  Went back to product screen and it looks the same. Just says United Kingdom with no dropdown box for anything.  I even went back and enabled all the countries EXCEPT for United States and United Kingdom.  Went back to products, select New, and it comes up with a screen to enter the details and still says ONLY United Kingdom at the top with NO dropdown box for other countries or languages.  I just don't get it.

jenkinhill

No, that is not the country - it is the language being used (UK English). Try adding another language (such as Spanish) in VM backend.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tthdoc

Ok, still confused.  I looked everywhere on the VM backend, and I see no where to add, change, or anything related to languages.  So I thought maybe you meant the Joomla backend.  So I went to language manager in Joomla and saw only one language (UK).  So I installed the US language pack.  Went back to VM.  If I make the US the default in Joomla and go to VM, no product is there anymore.  None of my settings are.  If I change it back to UK,  all the data reappears.  Also, in either case, if I try to add a new product, still no dropdown box.  If I put Joomla on US as default, it does change from English (United Kingdom) to English (USA), but the flag still shows the UK flag. 

jenkinhill

In Configuration/Shop you can select languages under "Multilingual shop " option.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tthdoc

Ok, very close but not there yet.  Here is what I did.  First, I went to Joomla and checked the languages.  I have UK unpublished, US published.  I also for some reason did not have a flag of the us in the media folder, so I found one online, uploaded it to the media folder.  I even went as far as to rename en.gif another odd name, and then rename us.gif en.gif.  Under Content, the Language tag is en-US, and the URL language code and image code both are us.

Under Installed Site and Installed Administrator it has the default as - English (USA), en-US as the language tag.

Then I went to VM backend, under tools, and selected Reset all tables and do a fresh install.

Now when I go into put a new product in, at the top it does say English (USA), BUT the flag is still of the UK. 
So I checked the View Image info and saw this:
.../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/flag/en.png

So just to see, I went to this folder and renamed en.png to en4.png, and thought I would just get an error.
Also saw there was no us.png file, so found one of the right size and uploaded it.

again reset all tables and fresh install.  Go back to add new product, still says English (USA) but STILL UK flag.  Why can I not get a USA flag?  Must be missing a setting or something.  Also, just double check me, but when a new install is done, there is no us.png (no USA flag) in the assets/images/flag/ folder under VM assets section.

Thanks.

PRO

English UK   is the standard JOOMLA english. (look at the dropdown when you log into administrator)

English=English