News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

other release issues

Started by mabeall32, December 07, 2011, 18:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabeall32

I have a couple issues I've run into other than the router.php problem. 
1.   On the shipping method other than having funky looking headings (see below) the dropdown for Shipment Method is blank.  I looked and the plugins are listed for VM - Shipper, By Weight, Zip and Countries and VM - Shipment, By Weight, Zip and Countries are there but don't show in the dropdown.

• COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER_S
   COM_VIRTUEMART_CARRIER_LIST_NAME_LBL      COM_VIRTUEMART_CARRIER_LIST_DESCRIPTION_LBL

2.  media screen is having the below problem.

( ! ) Notice: Undefined property: VmMediaHandler::$file_name in C:\www\matlinmfg\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\mediahandler.php on line 417

Milbo

COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER_S
   COM_VIRTUEMART_CARRIER_LIST_NAME_LBL      COM_VIRTUEMART_CARRIER_LIST_DESCRIPTION_LBL

Looks like your language file is outdated, which language you are using?

I will take a look on the mediahandler thing. ahh, found, okey fixed.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mabeall32

english -  joomla has it as English( United Kingdom)
I fixed the problem with the mediahandler.  I had some image out of sync or something.  Once I deleted them and re-added them it works find. 

mabeall32

is there away to get the update language file for English so I can clear up problem with shipping method.  I hoping that will fix the dropdown on shipping method .  at this time there is no dropdown.  I deleted the plugins and reinstalled but even with the "I" release it stills not working.

PRO

Quote from: mabeall32 on December 12, 2011, 17:10:24 PM
is there away to get the update language file for English so I can clear up problem with shipping method.  I hoping that will fix the dropdown on shipping method .  at this time there is no dropdown.  I deleted the plugins and reinstalled but even with the "I" release it stills not working.

https://dev.virtuemart.net/svn/virtuemart/trunk/virtuemart/language/

mabeall32

it worked great until I install release RC3_pre_k now it back to  COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER_S and the dropdown on shipping method does work again.  I went to link above and downloaded to language files but they didn't work for this release.  is there somewhere else I can get the lanuage for for en-GB?

Milbo

The newest language files are always in the installer. When you use en-GB, you should not need to care about. Maybe you use the updater and the RC3-Pre-k? COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER is outdated. You have old files or old entries in the adminmenu table.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mabeall32

I go to Extension manager - Install and browse to the zip file (the lastest release)  and click on upload and install.  I do the RC3_pre_k first then aio_RC3_pre_k_last, I got one errors
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\www\matlinmfg\matlinmfg\tmp\install_4ee73d7a7d6dd\install\script.virtuemart.php on line 512
I'm a newbie with Joomla but this was my understanding on how to install extensions in Joomla.  Am I doing something wrong?  Everything else seems to updating correctly, just the language for en-GB

Milbo

This is the right way yes.

I think the language file is correct. The problem is an old shipment plugin,.. you should try to uninstall it, when it does not work to delete the files form the server per ftp (the stuff with shipper or carrier).

Thanks for the small warning, I added a fix for this. But the warning should not cause any real issue.

mabeall32

I finally resolve the issue.  in the ####_virtuemart_adminmenuentries I had an entry
(74, 4, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIER_S', '', '', 'vmicon vmicon-16-lorry', 3, 1, '', 'shippingcarrier', ''),
once I changed it to 'COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPMENTMETHOD_S'    and   'shipmentmethod'
the descriptions cleared up and the dropdown started to work. 

Elnino

Nice post mabeall32!

I had the exact same prob after upgrading from 1.9.8M to RC3. I did what you said, working like a charm.

Thanks.