VM 2.0 RC3 F and J1.7.3 - Featured Products module crash

Started by xnakos, December 07, 2011, 14:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xnakos

When at least one featured product exists, the following occurs on the site's homepage, if the module is included there:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/test/siolasmaps/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/currencydisplay.php on line 96

xnakos

The error occurs when Show Prices is unticked (I guess my bug report wasn't that good but fortunately the currency error kind of pinpointed what should be checked). Featured Products module shows the featured products when Show Prices is ticked. But there seems to be another bug too, when the module is working. If I have two featured products, let's say A and B, the module displays A B A B, that is it displays twice what it is supposed to display.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

xnakos

I mean when you go to Configuration and visit the Pricing tab, when you uncheck (maybe I should have used that word :) ) the 'Show Prices' option, then the error occurs. Thanks for the info on the other thing.

Milbo

hmm works for me? I need more information. Did you unchecked all but not "Show Prices" or did you let everything checked and just unchecked Show Prices. Hmm I dont have any clue atm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

xnakos

I left everything below checked. I just unchecked Show Prices. I don't believe I have changed much in general, though. I have also checked 'use as a catalogue' but it does not make any difference. I will look into it. Thank you.

xnakos

Milbo, I think I found the way for you to reproduce the bug. Disable all other VM modules, leaving just Featured Products. I think Shopping Cart does some stuff (try playing with only these two modules, publishing and unpublishing them), without which Featured Products crashes. Show Prices should be unchecked, don't forget that.

Cleanshooter

xnakos - I tried to reproduce the bug on the new RC3 F by disabling the modules and making one of my products "featured" and unchecking "Show Prices".   I still was unable to reproduce the error.  What version of VM do you have installed?
- Cleanshooter

xnakos

I created a demo site you will be able to visit. I will PM you in 2' with details. I did a fresh installation of J1.7.3 and VM RC3 F 15' ago.

Cleanshooter

After looking I think the problem is that you haven't added VM to any menu.  the featured product module might require VM to be availab ein the menu somewhere.... I was still unable to see the error...

- Cleanshooter

xnakos

Cleanshooter, thank you for looking into it. Could you try visiting the demo site once again? Now the VM main page exists as a menu item. I published the one you created. But notice the crash on the homepage. Then go and publish the Shopping Cart module. OR go and check 'Show Prices' from Configuration -> Pricing. Check the homepage after each one of these actions.

Cleanshooter

Ahh I finally see the error.  I'm not sure why this is happening on your site.  When I apply similar circumstances to my install I am still unable to reproduce the error.  I'm not sure if this is a VM bug or not...  it could be template or Joomla related.  I really don't know if we need to worry about this error too much as I do not think it will show up on in shops that have multiple products.  It will be something to keep an eye on at the very least. 

Despite this, I did notice that the feature module is displaying the same product 2x times, which it shouldn't be so there is a bug there.
- Cleanshooter