News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

states aren't showing up for the shopper field

Started by jbomb, December 07, 2011, 01:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbomb

in the shopper dropdown I don't see the states.  it's for this field COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_STATE VIRTUEMART

jbomb

one more thing.  I tried to add a dropdown field instead.  I can't add fields.  on the second field it won't allow me to edit it and it just says Mr in each field

Cleanshooter

Did you select a country first?  I also tried adding new drop down fields and that worked.  I did notice that the Title drop down list is not populating though...
- Cleanshooter

PRO

For Mr.
its js error    insertRow is not defined

for state dropdown. YOU are talking about the front end right? Did you enable the "Using the Script ajax Countries / Regions"
In the "Templates" Tab?
IF you did, you might have a conflict

Imron

Was there ever  a fix posted for this.  I cannot get states to display in the front end when editing the shipping/billing address, eventhough my country selection is United States of America.

PRO

Quote from: Imron on April 19, 2012, 02:54:15 AM
Was there ever  a fix posted for this.  I cannot get states to display in the front end when editing the shipping/billing address, eventhough my country selection is United States of America.

Imron,

jquery has to be loaded, and the "states countries" script needs to be loaded.

if it does not work then, look at the modules, menus, etc that are loading javascript

earthrat

Did you ever get this working? I did what BanquetTables.pro suggested but even with no other scripts in play the state drop down still will not work...;(

PRO

Quote from: earthrat on April 25, 2012, 03:43:24 AM
Did you ever get this working? I did what BanquetTables.pro suggested but even with no other scripts in play the state drop down still will not work...;(

nobody can help without a url

earthrat

I found out what the problem is, Virtuemart even with the new version insists on using outdated libraries. This is going to cause conflict with ANY extension that is staying current. I would ask that the VM team rethink using these outdated libraries and get on board with the other Joomla developers that have already registered through JApplication.

// load jQuery, if not loaded before
if (!JFactory::getApplication()->get('jquery')) {
JFactory::getApplication()->set('jquery', true);
// add jQuery
}

RobertL

I automatically disabled Configuration > Tempaltes > "Using the Virtuemart jQuery" to stop jQuery loading multiple times. Was having exactly the same problem with Australian states. After banging my head for hours going through code, Enabling the option fixed the problem.

ViceMart

In VM2 I had this problem, the States were not showing in the dropdown, it only had --Select--.

I went to VM>Configuration and clicked the Checkout tab and checked the box for Language Javascript Fix.

Now the states are appearing in the dropdown box in the cart. The first time the Country was selected it didn't work, but after selecting the Country a second time, now the States appear in the dropdown.

Hope this works for you.

nafl99

(See my joomla and Virtuemart versions below.) 

THE PROBLEM:
States do not appear in the drop down menu.

PROBLEM SOLVING:
I disabled any modules running Jquery.  In this case, once i disabled Front Page slide show and all of the sudden my States became visible. I tried every combination of Jquery in Virtuemart and FPP slideshow.  To test, identify other modules/components that run jquery, disable them, then check to see if the states appear.

It is definitely a Jquery conflict. 

THE FIX:
disable the module from appearing on your store pages.  This is the compromise I chose.

MY EXPERIENCE:
What a pain in the Ar$.   It took days to figure this out.

VERSIONS:
Tried this fix with all versions of Virtuemart 2.x
JoomlaWorks 'Frontpage SlideShow' Module v3.2.0 for Joomla!
PHP Built On    Linux serv01.siteground206.com 2.6.32.59-sg3 #9 SMP Wed Sep 26 03:29:25 CDT 2012 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.28-29.3-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.22
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.9 Stable [ Ember ] 4-February-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.1364.172 Safari/537.22