News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Missing pricing feature: quantity breaks (volume pricing)

Started by ghannes, December 07, 2011, 00:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghannes

Using last version vm2.0.0RC3 E
- seems it's not possible to define a quantity break (volume) prices with vm2. This feature was apparently removed.
(i.e. for the same product:  price 100 for if ordered between 1 -> 10; price 90 if ordered between 11 -> 20, etc)
- is there an alternative? Will this feature be added in future versions ?

note that table _virtuemart_product_prices still has fields: product_price_vdate, product_price_edate, price_quantity_start, price_quantity_end fields, but these are not filled up or used by calculation rules.

Milbo

There exist already a written plugin. We think about to move all calculation mathops in the plugins and provide a simpel plugin with simpel quantity and sell a really professional one for 40 euro, or to enhance it more and sell it for 10-20 euro. I think it will cost a bit at begin and we will provide more and more in a free plugin. For exampel it does atm not work with quantity based discounts like,.. buy 3 of x, get 1 y for free.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tm

Please help me understand the previous post. I currently have a site in 1.1.19 that is using the quantity/price/shopper group pricing and I would like to migrate it to VM2. Based on your message it appears that a plugin is available for the basics. It also appears that there may be an advanced plugin later for a price.

1. If there is a plugin available now, how do I make it active or use it to create the quantity/price/shopper group setup? Actually, I know you're busy so rather than telling me how, maybe directing me to resources would be better. I have searched the forums and resource that I know. It may be that I'm just looking in the wrong place.

2. If there is a plugin that will be forthcoming, is it in the works? Any estimate time for release (RC)? We are more than willing to pay for a plugin. The same goes with one time costs for VM2 if that is required later on. Now is a good time for me to migrate the website that we created and I would prefer to use Joomla 1.7 and VM2. I have been very pleased with what I have seen of VM2 so far. Thank you to all of the developers for the work.

Thank you for you assistance.

TM

Milbo

The plugin is ready and in use. Wait with your installation for the final tomorrow.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tm

I can definitely put it through the paces when it is available. I look forward to the plugin.

I'll actually run a fresh Joomla 1.7.3 install and VM (latest version) install. I want to keep the CMS environment as clean as possible.

Thank you.

tm

tkejmullins

Milbo

The quantity plugin is ready. We sell that for 30 €. Write a pm to me, when you are interested.

The plugin has the following features:
It extends an existing rule, so it you can choose your own arithmetic method and it is also depending on category, shoppergroups, country, states, and date.

You can set an amount condition for a fixed value, or a test if it is dividable by. For example, you want to discount only full packages.

Additionally to that you can add a table with min, max values and an override value. The example below shows a quantity discount for 5,10,15,20 with 10% and for more than 21 if dividable by 5 (25,30,...) with 20%.

There is an additionally extra arithmetic method, for a logarythmic disocunt.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Joan

Hi Milbo,
I sended a PM to buy this component but with no answer.
I need discount by quantity and I like to see the feature of discount by quantity in a section, independent of product buyed. (exist one hack to vm1 that do can this)

sorry for my english, and thanks in advance.
Salutations from Barcelona

gorilladiver

dmuntean

I need this plugin as well. Would you happen to have a website we can visit?

gorilladiver

has anyone been able to get this plugin?

I really think it should have been built into 2.0 since it was part of the older version

dmuntean

I'm sure he's just a little busy since Virtuemart 2 just launched. Hopefully we will hear from him soon.

Milbo

yes, I am sorry, we are heavily working on our store. There are so many interested people that it makes more sense to wait for the store.

The quantity plugin is much more mighty than in vm1.1.

dmuntean

Thanks Milbo!

I appreciate all the hardwork that must go into all of this. Can't wait to checkout this new pricing plugin.

srikanthever4u

Hi Milbo,

we are looking quantity breaks (volume pricing) plugin release ,  to checkout this new pricing plugin ?
any idea when this plugin release ?

Thanks

Srikanth