News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Missing pricing feature: quantity breaks (volume pricing)

Started by ghannes, December 07, 2011, 00:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puriom

PRE-SALES Question.
I d' like to assign different percentage discounts for different client groups, but with the following options:
- Some categories won't have any discount for any reason.
- If a group member connects as this, he/she won't have a discount added to his/her group's one. The not-registered clients will do have, just p.e. for the category X or product, set as promotion tool.

This method it's the core of my customer oriented business and I would realy appreciate an answer (or an extented payed mod).
Thank you

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Puriom

I struggle with the print screen.  ::) But as it is mostly for percentage discounts, it needs programming skills, which I don't have. (Payed programmer suggestion accepted.)
Thank you very much. :)

matthewod01

Milbo

I downloaded and installed the quantity pricing plugin without problem.  I am trying to figure out how to use this though.  Do we have some instructions available yet? 

I am guessing the Min/Max are for the quantities of the item.  The Over Write Value is the price per item, but I am not sure what Modus: Amount Condition means or how to use this.   Is this for a character/function - + = %  or a numeric condition?  How do I set additional price breaks for the same rule?  In your screen shot there were 2 lines for min/max and overwrite value. 

I was able to assign the calculation to the exact product, which is pretty cool.  However I am dealing with over 450 products! 

I am sure this is easy once we get the hang of it like how the product otions are different from VM 1.

Thank you!

matthewod01

I forgot to mention I am also getting an error in the mini cart for the product I am dealing with:

"Warning: Division by zero in /home/wereport/public_html/plugins/vmcalculation/istraxx_quantity/istraxx_quantity.php on line 216"

This may be just an error because of how I have the calculation setup, which is probably incorrect!

Thanks

matthewod01

I have been trying to follow the example in the PDF instructions, http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/images/stories/virtuemart/product/plgvm_istraxx_quantity_manual.pdf.  But something is not working correctly.  The discount is not showing up at all.  There is no variation of the price. 

I enclosed a screen shot of my quantity discount that I am trying to add. 

Basically I want to give a 10% discount for quantities > 4 and < 11.  And I want to give a 15% discount to quantities between 12 and 20.

I have tried many variations of this and nothing seems to be working.

thanks for the help!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

matthewod01

Milbo
I'm getting the hang of the quantity price through the algorithm, which is pretty neat.  Is there a way to actually display the available quantity pricing on the products page?  This way we can actually show the customers 'the more you shop the more you save'!!  Would like to show price breaks on the product page.

Thanks for all the help!
Matt

PRO

Quote from: matthewod01 on March 21, 2012, 23:01:49 PM
I

what happens when you take off the shopper groups?

what happens when you set the "dimension unit" to something besides 0?

What happens when you set it to "tax per product"   ?

Milbo

You do not have a max quantity and then you have value 0. So you get always no discount. Pm me, when you have still problems matthewod01
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

BaidareW

VM 2.0.5, joomla 2.5.4

I am using quantity plugin. It works well, but I noticed that it gives discount for the products that do not have the rule for this discount.. It seems that i remember that it was set once (for all product category, but now it is removed) and even after delete in the backed it still keeps discount.

What is the solution here ?

Milbo - I send you e-mail with site details.

PRO

Quote from: BaidareW on April 15, 2012, 08:54:03 AM
VM 2.0.5, joomla 2.5.4

I am using quantity plugin. It works well, but I noticed that it gives discount for the products that do not have the rule for this discount.. It seems that i remember that it was set once (for all product category, but now it is removed) and even after delete in the backed it still keeps discount.

What is the solution here ?

Milbo - I send you e-mail with site details.

create an unpublished category to assign these discounted products to,

THEN, in the calculation rule, assign it to that category

BaidareW

create an unpublished category to assign these discounted products to,

THEN, in the calculation rule, assign it to that category
[/quote]

I should create unpublished category for the products that has no discount rules or for products that have already discount rule ? Those products that has discount rule works fine, the problem is with products without any rule.

So I should create unpublished category and add there ALL my products without any discount rule ? It will be quite a lot of work..

Sorry fore not getting it from first time.

PRO

Quote from: BaidareW on April 16, 2012, 23:15:36 PM

I should create unpublished category for the products that has no discount rules or for products that have already discount rule ? Those products that has discount rule works fine, the problem is with products without any rule.

So I should create unpublished category and add there ALL my products without any discount rule ? It will be quite a lot of work..

Sorry fore not getting it from first time.

I have a category called

"10 or more"
I have a discount of when you buy 10 or more of a product., and assign the discount to "10 or more" category only.

THEN, assign the products that I want to have the 10 or more discount to the "10 or more category"

BaidareW

For me it is very weird when product without any discount rule has discount! (I am talking about quantity plugin discounts).

I think it is a bug. It should be like this : product (or category if set in the rule) has quantity discount if the rule is assigned to product (or to category inside the rule), but now I got discount without rule also.

Also sometimes I delete the rule, save, refresh and I got the rule again but I didn't selected it.. Some kind of bug also (related to the discount being applied without any rule) ?

One solution is to create empty rule and assign to product that should not have any discount.

Could you investigate this situation ?

Milbo

?

No, you do not understand the calculation rules. When you create a calculation rule, without any dependency, it counts everytime for all products. For example the tax.

When you want that no rule counts for a product, use the calculation rule override in the product edit.