News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Missing pricing feature: quantity breaks (volume pricing)

Started by ghannes, December 07, 2011, 00:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshlfisher

I am wondering if this plugin will support this scenario:

I have a shop with three top-level categories, one of which is Photographs. This category has several child categories (nature, scenic, floral, etc.)

Each product has several attributes:
Single Notecard
Set of 4 notecards
4X6 print
5x7 Print

I want to have a $3 discount applied to the shopping cart whenever multiples of 4 SINGLE NOTECARDS are purchased.  So if a shopper buys 6 single notecards, a single $3 discount is applied. If a shopper buys 8 single notecards, a $6 discount is applied. If the discount has to be per product, the $3 total discount can be translated to a $.75 discount per product for each of the 4 single notecards.

Is this possible?
If not, how much will someone charge me to create this?

joshlfisher

I have posted this in the commercial jobs thread (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97006.0)
but have not gotten any replies.

This is a very important piece of the cart I need working.

Joan

I wait 2 months to answer, Bilbo? please, the pluggin?

I need a lot, and I like to pay for it, no problem

jan suhr

Same here, been waiting for two months, no reply on PM...

My shop has been ready now for two months and I can't start it until this plugin becomes available.

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jan suhr

Were can we find 2.0.1, it doesn't show on the download page.

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jan suhr

Has anyone tried this plugin yet?

I bought it a few days ago and the ZIP-file I got is damaged and will  not install  >:(

And I can't get any reply from Milbo on the subject.  >:(

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

Milbo

?
I sent you an email, that the download produced broken files, please use your downloadlink again. and I offered you also my skype contact, so I wonder abit
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jan suhr

Yes!

Thanks that new file worked and installed perfectly.

Great job  ;)

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

jan suhr

I need an explanatin for how this plugin is supposed to work. Maybe I'm stupid but I can't see how I can set different prices for a single product depending on the quantity the customer order.

For example on product has a gross price of 1049.00 but if you buy more than 10 units it will cost 949.00, another product cost 1499.00 gross and if you buy more than 10 units it will be 1325.00

Firstly it look as I only can set a rule to a category, not for a specific product.

And why should I set up general rules when I need this setting in the product view, for the product?

Have I missed something?

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

PRO

Quote from: jan suhr on February 25, 2012, 14:08:27 PM
And why should I set up general rules when I need this setting in the product view, for the product?

Have I missed something?

Yes, you have missed that in each product you can assign calculation rules, inside the product

jan suhr

Yes I know that but that also means that I have to make one special rule for each product in another view than rather doing it in the product pricing view. See may example and explain how I should do that, I haven't figured it out yet.

Since it is a calculation method it will get quite complicated when I only want to set a price for more than 10 items. Or...?

It is a lot different than the simple way it was done in VM 1.1

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

Milbo

But also much more powerful and when oyu know how todo it, it does not take really longer.

But we wanna add some stuff to the gui that it is easier to handle and of course there will be a manual and maybe video tutorial for it soon. I sent you an pm, you may contact me in skype, then I tell you some strategies. We wanna also write that down. :-)